A Quick Guide to Nintendo Forums

Takane

From
Over The Rainbow~
Playing
3DS
Hi, this is Takane! Welcome to the forums! If you are new or just wondering how to do something on the forums this is the place for you! Let's get started~ ^-^

To Do list:
  • Personalise your profile :D How to?At the top right side of the site you will see your username. If you click on it you will go to the personal details page. Here you can change your avatar, status and many more!
  • Tell us a bit about yourself Go to the introduction forum and post a thread. (At the right side of your screen there will be a button that says "Post New Thread")

Now you might wonder about some things. The standard Where do I find/How to questions are answered here.

Where do I find...

• New posts right below the tiny part that says "Users found this page by searching for" there's a heading there that says "New Posts" Basically, you can see new posts of different users on different threads.
  • My messages In your inbox. Click on Inbox (top right side of the page) to see any received/sent conversations. You can send a conversation by clicking on someone's username and then "Start a Conversation" or by going to your Inbox and clicking on "Start a New Conversation" (upper right corner).

How do I...
  • Tag someone To tag someone in a post type @ and then their username. For example, if you'd want to tag me it would be @Takane . If tag someone they'll get an alert so it's ideal to get someone who has yet to read the thread to turn their attention to it.
  • Add an image Images can only be added by using their url. (So if you've got an image n your computer you'd like to share you'll have to upload it somewhere first.) Once you've got the url click on the button with the photograph of the smiley and paste the url.
  • Change text colour To change the text colour in your port click on the button with the red underlined A and select a color~
  • Add a video Click on the button with the video frames and paste the url of the video you'd like to add.
  • Follow someone: Click on their username and then click "Follow"
  • Make a status update Go to your profile, there will be a tab that says "Profile Posts" , right below that there's a little box that says "Update your status..." Click it and write whatever you you want like what's happening in your life, what games you should buy etc.
Anyway, I hope all of your questions are answered. :)

Thanks! (~^-^)~

Last edited:

Latest threads

Back