Back in the Nintendo saddle

MilkBone

Playing
Switch
I grew up on Nintendo but switched to PlayStation as a young adult. Just got a Wii U and am pretty excited to get back into the types of games I loved as a kid. Currently have Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World. I like the set up of these forums and the comments everyone makes. I hope to add to the community.

welcome! same here, when i got into my early 20's i thought i was too grown up for nintendo and went for the sony stuff. it didn't last long, after i tried Wind Waker and MK Double Dash i came roaring back and very rarely miss what i may be missing. You are in great company, please make the rounds and give us you thoughts.

@dustinb12 Gran Turismo got its hooks in me and then I switched to PS. Love PS, but as an 80's kid, Mario and Nintendo hold a special place in my heart. Gonna pick up Twilight Princess this week. Excited because it totally seems like my type of game. I like RPG games like Fallout. So we'll see.

Any other good games you can suggest?

im Zelda through and through, so Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Hyrule Warriors (fun mindless beat em up.) Of course everything Mario too. Like i said, if you like puzzles, Captain Toad was a special kind of fun. Super Mario Maker is really cool, but i did tire of it quickly. I'm not great at creation games. Yoshi's Woolley world was great for a whimsical platformer.

You could also back up and get some wii games really cheap now...

@dustinb12 I picked up Twilight Princess on my way home from work. Will be popping it in within the next hour. It came with an amiibo too. Not sure what to do with that, but I should figure it out. I'm not that old yet lol.

Depending on how much I like Twilight, I'm probably gonna do some other Zelda games too.

Super Mario Maker is intriguing, but not for me making stuff, but to play other's creations.

Are the Mario Galaxy games good?

i thought about that after i sent the other messages. YES the Mario Galaxy games are must have works of art. Now, I found them to be ridiculously long and tough, but they are amazing. If you like 3d open world Mario's, yes you need those games.

Is the Twilight Princess amiibo Wolf Link? If so, that opens a dungeon exclusive to the wii u version, with some new treasure. Don't want to spoil it for you. Im about to the halfway point of Twilight and it really is a great game. Technically, this is my 3rd play through!

@dustinb12 Yes, it's the Wolf Link. I was a little bummed that it wouldn't work on Mario Kart too. But oh well. I'll keep my eye out for the Mario Galaxies at GameStop. Man, the giant backlog can seem overwelming. Baby steps lol. Plus I have a ton of games that I own on PS4 that I haven't finished also. The life of a gamer. It's not easy, but someone's gotta do it lol.

@dustinb12 Do you know if the eShop has good Black Friday sales like pretty much every other video game store (LIVE, PlayStation, Steam, etc)?

yes, i just now read something on twitter. check it out. Maybe nintendo's website may have details on which games. Wow, you coming back at a perfect time to rack up!

edit: cyber sale, 50% select titles until 12/05. Not bad

Last edited:

Latest threads

Back