Dedicated Fan-Tattoos and Stories

Did your first tattoo hurt?

• Yes! An aggravating pain that can only be tolerated for so long!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Nope. Not at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dunno, don't have any.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • At first yes, but after a few minutes no.

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

pandabear1991

From
North MS, U.S
Playing
Super NES
Okay, I know they are out there so lets see them! I showed you mine, so let me see yours. But first, I would like to give the history of this tattoo:

This is in fact a cover-up tattoo of Zelda: Twilight Princess. as you can clearly see in the Triforce, there is a shadowed smaller black Twilight Princess FAIL tattoo. I say fail because it was the result of me trusting an unprofessional at home tattoo artist, who started using drugs 20 mins after he started on my tattoo. Needless to say, the finished product was nothing like it should have been and I was ashamed!

However, I did get it covered up and I am due back any day now to have the older tattoo faded out more, and the newer tattoo darkened. The artist for this tattoo is Shawn Brewer. He did an amazing job for what he was working with and even added his own touch--I originally wanted this solid black, but I am very satisfied with his work. zelda tat.jpg

Ooo, yea, NEVER trust those 'home' artists. ESPECIALLY if they're free-handing. That's a recipe for trouble.

No tattoos here. Not that I never wanted to get some but there was one special person I wanted to do them. She was the only one I would let put a needle to my skin. She passed & so I promised to never get a tattoo. Which I've stuck by to this day.

Now to get away from all that depression & give you a tattoo I thought was awesome:
healed_and_finished31.jpg

@JoanMcWench That is sexiness!!! But oh my goodness the pain. I couldn't imagine how much that would hurt... None the less awesome! If I had that sort of body to work with, I wold definitely try for something to wrap around my torso. But as learned from my lower back tattoo, fat+tattoos= painful tattoo. Not to mention I fluctuate weight bad, I would hate to see the end result of my torso wrapped tattoo :( .

Ha! Well, at the very least it's going to totally force you to work out more unless you want the tat to look like you're playing on a scrambled television. :D

Ya... The thought of the ones I have when I get old and baggy really bother me. Oh well. Hopefully they won't look too bad but only time will tell :3

I never thought the fact of piercing my body (piercings) or Tattoos (Inking) was in any way enjoyable. I may be just thinking something is there when it isn't; but I just can't bring myself to get one.

That being said I like to look at well designed body-art. It's still just that; art. Just because it isn't for me doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable as a medium of work.

I somewhat regret getting the ones I have now. I do fear how they will affect my career in the future, simply because I have a quarter sleeve on my arm and also one on the side of my neck. My work history speaks for itself along with my schooling credentials, but that's not to say it won't be a problem in the future.

Not to mention, I have become much more tender that what I was when I got my tattoos. No denying the fact that I teared up lots with the last 2 that I had done--which is why I have not continued to get anymore.

I've thought about getting them, don't get me wrong. I just never have. If anywhere, it'd be on my back across the shoulder. Heard it's painful and it hits bone a lot, but it's easily concealable, I don't have to look at it much, and it's done well if I'm shirtless it'll look okay. Lol.

Like I said... I teared lots with the Zelda piece on my neck. Seems the older I get the more fragile I become. But, it's like the artist told me "Tats were never meant to feel good. Damn right they hurt like hell." Just make sure you scope your artist. You see my reasoning behind never going unprofessional again.

I personally don't have any tattoos at all, mainly because I can't think of anything that means so much to me that I would have it permanently etched onto my body and would still look good decades later after the ink fades, skin stretches with weight fluctuations, etc.

That begin said, don't think that I have anything against tattoos in general! In fact, I can appreciate those who are willing to overcome those reservations and get quality, meaningful work inked onto them! That's true commitment to whatever the image may be!

On that note, the pictures of tattoos above are pretty nice examples of worthwhile work!

I absolutely concur with consensus above as well: if one is thinking about getting a tattoo, do your research, go professional, and don't spare the expense! After all, we're talking about a permanent body change here! (Permanent barring expensive laser removal processes that may leave behind scars or incorporating / covering up an old tattoo into a new, better tattoo.)

This thread inspired me to see how far super-Nintendo fans went with their tattoos. Here are a few interesting slideshows: one at Rant LifeStyle, another at Buzz Feed, and most impressively this IGN thread.

I was especially impressed by:

- This stained glass styled Legend of Zelda tat:
zelda-tat-wind-waker.jpg

- This still under construction Mario tat:
nintatoo.jpg

- This Tri-Force tat:
tumblr_mpzz9hlpLU1sak8bbo1_500.jpg

- This Mega Man X's Zero tat:
fuzzy.jpg

- This Nintendo arm tat:
200610201339-pix1.jpg

As I said in my last post, this is dedication! :cool:

Those are some serious dedications. Makes mine look like a contribution >< Oh well. As much as I do appreciate the work the artist did in my cover up, I still haven't found an artist to continue any other work. But the ones posted above are true dedication and some seriously nice work. They have every reason to be proud =^.^=

I am going to have to pull that Sheik tat up on Google so I can see it better, it looks awesome from here though! The Mario one is cute too!!! Would like to say that if I got a Mario one, I would have a hard time not getting the Penguin Suite Mario ^.^

I am apologize for resurrecting an old thread, but I think we should open up the discussion on Nintendo themed tattoos once more!

Okay first of all, when it comes to tattoos: you get what you pay for. Please do not get a tattoo done at home or by someone who've you never seen their past work. A tattoo is permanent. Don't cheap out!

I have a bunch of tattoos already, but none are Nintendo themed. This may shock everyone here but I've considered getting a Zelda one, maybe the Triforce to commemorate the game that started my gaming addiction.

What about you guys? Anyone here have some sweet ink?

there is sign on the wall where i go "If you can get it cheaper, why are you here?" i love quality, but when you walk in a place and its spotless, sold! When my new Zelda stops her incessant peeling, i will probably show her off.

Latest threads

Back