Fantasy Life

Momonchi

Playing
3DS XL
Fantasy Life is an upcoming life simulation game by Level 5 and 1-Up Studios scheduled to be released at the end of October 2014. Here's Nintendo's official page for Fantasy Life: http://e3.nintendo.com/games/3ds/fantasy-life/

In this RPG/sim, you're able to choose between 12 different classes, some of which focus on combat while others craft items or gather materials for crafting. You're able to switch classes while playing, so if one day you feel like dungeon crawling and monster slaying, you can switch to a warrior! If you want to craft furniture to decorate your house the next day, you can switch to a carpenter. I personally think this class system sounds outstanding and will add so much enjoyability to the game.

Fantasy Life also features music by Nobuo Uematsu, famed for his gorgeous, memorable music in Final Fantasy games.

Here is a sample of the music in Fantasy Life:

Overall, I think Fantasy Life has a lot of promise to be an outstanding game. As an avid fan of Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, and Rune Factory, I'm so excited I just can't wait for this game to be released! Iv'e already preordered my copy and I'm counting down the days til it's out.

Anyone else excited for Fantasy Life?

this is for the 3ds? it looks FANTASTIC! thanks, i might not have heard of it if not for this post. I'm really getting back into rpg lately, I'm finishing up DQ VI, and after that i have Bravely Default on tap. i can't handle more than one at a time, but i will be keeping an eye on this

Oh, wow! I haven't heard of this game before, but it seems amazing! When Fantasy Life gets released, I will definitely get this game, because it looks like my kind of game.

It's by level 5? Whats NOT to look forward to, their games are always fantastic.

thanks Momonchi, I'm probably getting this for Christmas and i wouldn't have heard of it if not for you. Games Informer gave it a 6 (appx), and claims its quite boring. i'll be the judge of that. does anyone here love it? i can't wait!

Last edited:
9/10 106 hours in. I loved it, great story and relaxing/rewarding play. Thanks Momonchi!

This is one of my favourite 3DS games! I've finished this game and it was quite a bit of fun while it lasted, I'm not sure I'd go back to play it again anytime soon though.

There's so much to do in the game and the world is so beautiful and large, so there's always new places to explore. Just writing this I feel like I want to go back to play the game! It's very cute and has some beautiful cutscenes. One nice thing about this game is that I wasn't really expecting the storyline to be that great but it really is quite interesting and fun to play through. The humour is either something you'd love or hate, I personally found it quite endearing.

My biggest dislike about the game is that the crafting 'Lifes' aren't really the most interesting, they're just playing the same mini game over and over, although I suppose it is nice for a break from the others.

Spoilers Possible:

to those who have finished the game, or finished enough, I'm looking for advice. I'm starting to get frustrated with the grinding required to complete the crafting Lives. (alchemy)
I have the dlc, and my question is, should i start the Trials then try to finish some of these crafting tasks? of course I'm needing ridiculously rare items at this point. And of course my feelings are hurt that i can't seem to THAT mercenary move so i can't become Legend in that life.

The game was exceptionally well balanced until this point, but i do understand these tasks are thrown in to satisfy the over-achievers (Mario Galaxy 2 green stars anyone?)

Alright, I'm calling it. i put in 204 hours and finished all the last dungeons(Trials.) I adore this game tremendously. Zelda could take a few cues from this game. All the items you gather in the field will be used in some way. And there are many. I mastered all the Lives and really had a blast.

99/100= I LOVE IT

Yes I agree 100% This was a fantastic game. This game has elements of many different games in it such as Monster Hunter 4 , Animal Crossing , Rune Factory and they are all blended together perfectly. I'm going to give it a perfect 10 out of 10. Even when you beat the whole game you still want to play it because the story continues on and there are lots of character to help you along the way. It is a shame that a lot of people missed out on this hidden gem.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back