Fighter's Destiny - one of the best fighting games on the N64

lindbergh

From
Law Office
Playing
Nintendo DS
Though the PS1 had Tekken and Soul Calibur and Street Fighter, the N64 quietly held its own with a number of decent fighting games as well. One of these games was Fighter's Destiny.
Fighters%20Destiny%20%28E%29.png

FD is a very unique fighting game where you try to earn points in order to defeat your opponent. It plays more like a traditional Karate tournament rather than a modern fighting game of its time like Tekken 3. It provided a much new unique twist to the fighting genre on the N64 and I liked it. What about you?

Honestly, I never really played Fighter's Destiny. I was never much of a 3D fighting fan. I always preferred 2D fighters much, much more. So, Street Fighter was a huge fighting game franchise to me. But others, like Tekken or Dead or Alive or Soul Calibur or countless other "3D" fighters, I never bothered with. I mean, I tried them out, but I never got into them much. They just weren't for me. However, I have heard other good things about Fighter's Destiny. I might give it a try one day. I sometimes get in a mood to play older games that I missed out on. You know what "gems" you missed out on, if you don't actually go back and play them. So I plan on playing a bunch of games that I missed. Either because I didn't play them at all, or very much, or I did play them but don't remember them. But yeah, I can't think of any 3D fighters that really captured my interest. For me, 2D fighters is where it's at. That's what I have the most fun with, when it comes to fighters.

However, I must say that the 'point' system of this game does sound interesting. Like I said, I'll try to get around to it, one day. Probably not any time soon, just because.. you know.. life and responsibilities, and all. Not to mention the mountain of games I'm currently working through, as well as more and more games that are coming out soon. So, we'll see.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back