Gamecube HD Remakes

Lawnachaun

From
California
Playing
Wii U
Now that Nintendo has released the Gamecube game remake, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD onto the Wii U, what other Gamecube games would you like to see be remade in HD on the Wii U.

Now, if it's just Nintendo developed or published only games, then I'd like to see them make a Wii U HD remake of, perhaps..

Battalion Wars
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
F-Zero GX
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Luigi's Mansion
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

All of these games I would either like to see in HD, or with some sort of Gamepad features. If I had to pick one, I'd probably pick Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. But I'd also like to see Battalion Wars and/or F-Zero GX, as my Top 3 choices, of these.

However, if I could see ANY Gamecube game, by any developer or publisher, then, I'd also like to see a Wii U HD remake of...

Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Resident Evil 4
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rebel Leader
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike
WWE Day of Reckoning
WWE Day of Reckoning 2
Beyond Good & Evil
Burnout
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Robotech: Battlecry
The Simpsons: Hit & Run
X-Men Legends
X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse

Now, I'm not saying that they are remaking any other Gamecube games in HD on the Wii U. However, if they do make more, these games listed are the games that I'd like to see get the Wii U HD remake, with some sort of Gamepad feature. If I had to pick one of these non-Nintendo developed or published games... hmm... I'd probably have to pick The Simpsons: Hit & Run, to be honest. It would look great with the Zelda HD treatment, and could have the map on the Gamepad, and, it'd be a "GTA: The Simpsons" type game on the Wii U. So that would be high up on my list. Then again, perhaps one of the Star Wars Rogue Squadron games would be high on the list as well.

There are more that I could of named. Obvious ones, like Mario Kart or Smash Bros. or something. However, new versions of those games are coming. And soon. So I can skip those, and just get the newer versions when they release. So that's why some of those games were left off my list. Others were omitted for other reasons. But I'm pretty happy with my list, overall. Tho, honestly, I may have overlooked a game here or there. So if I forgot about it or overlooked it, that's also why it wasn't on my list. But I can go back and adjust it later. But for now, I'm happy with it.

With that said, which Gamecube games would you most like to see get the Wii U HD treatment, with some Gamepad feature/s. Any favorites that you'd love to see in HD. Any games that you think could have some really cool or neat Gamepad features. What are your thoughts on this.

I would take Wave Race: Blue Storm, Pikmin 1 & 2, and Super Mario Sunshine remakes. Sunshine is probably the most likely candidate.

As far as third-party games go, you can bet Capcom will eventually re-release all Resident Evil games. Not too hopeful about the rest.

Yeah, I thought about an upgraded Pikmin 1 and 2. But I figured that we just got 3, so I wanted to see something else get the spot light first. But those would be good options too. I would like to see them, they just aren't as high on my list because we just recently got part 3. However, if he hadn't of gotten 3 or it wasn't going to be out soon, or if we hadn't heard about it yet, then yeah, Pikmin 1 and 2 would be much higher on my list. But I only left them off of my list just because we just recently got part 3. But yeah, it is a good choice, I'll grant you that.

As for Wave Race, I was actually thinking of that game for an N64 HD remake on the Wii U, to be honest. But the Gamecube version is a good choice too.

Resident Evil 2 and 4 are my 2 favorites. I lost count of how many times I've beaten both. I've beaten every scenario of Resident Evil 2, multiple times, on both, the Playstation and N64, and, have beaten Resident Evil 4, multiple times, on each, the Gamecube, Playstation 2, and Wii. However, even knowing that, I would still buy, play, and beat, a Wii U HD remake of those. The others in the series are a little more "iffy" to me. I liked them, but they aren't as high on my list. But parts 2 and 4, yeah, I'm there. Those are my 2 favorites.

But to be honest, I don't expect any more Gamecube games to be remade for the Wii U. We might see one or two more, but I don't expect to see any, to be honest. So they'll be a nice surprise. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see more Wii upgrades, much like how Resident Evil 4 was 'upgraded" from the Gamecube to the "Wii Edition". We might see more "Wii U Edition" of Wii games. By adding a Gamepad feature to them. I can see lots of those happening. But the older and older the systems get, the less and less likely I see those games getting an actual remake. Tho... the DuckTales: Remastered remake was a nice touch. I do see more NES remakes coming, but not SNES or Genesis. Not now, anyways. Maybe in the future, they might become more "retro" with more appeal. But those systems, right now, are in an area where they are too old to remake, but not quite old enough to remake. If that makes sense. But seeing as how the Wii and Wii U are similar, with the same wiimote controllers, I can see them adding a Gamepad upgrade for some of those games.

please please MK Double Dash and Mario Sunshine, two of my all times. WWHD was a blessing for sure. Anyone else notice how much FUN the Gamecube was?

I love GoldenEye: Rogue Agent but it will NEVER EVER receive a HD rerelease no matter how good I think it is. People bashed it unfairly and were very hateful towards it for no reason besides Activision had the bond license and EA made that game so atm it's impossible license wise. I wish they would transfer the license back to EA. EA made the best bond games IMO.

I'd love to see an HD remake of Star Wars Bounty Hunter.I loved that game and I'd like to see more games like that.
If there was any Gamecube game I'd like remade, It'd be this.

An HD Mario Sunshine would be pretty awesome. Top pick would have to be Robotech. That game was one of the best on the system!

We'd also love to see an HD Skies of Arcadia. Granted, Legends was a port of the Dreamcast game, but still! That's just an awesome game.

I hope they make a remake of Kirby's Air Ride! Or even better... Kirby's Air Ride 2! It would be made for the Wii U and 3ds! I would so buy it! They would add more cities, tracks, and games! Oh my gosh, getting hyped about it right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I'd love to see HD remakes of GameCube titles such as Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2, F-Zero GX and Super Mario Sunshine. Killer 7 and both Viewtiful Joe games have an art-style that looked really good on the original hardware. They would only require the widescreen treatment and the textures to be sharpened up a bit. Killer 7's sound design was exceptional so it could only be marginally enhanced for the Wii U.

F-Zero GX is probably the biggest one for me since it's my favorite racing game of all time. However, I would much prefer a new F-Zero game all together to that. Animal Crossing is my favorite first party GameCube exclusive, but there are newer versions and as such I don't think that's really necessary. Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros. Melee are the realistic ones I'd like to see. However, I'd love an HD touch up of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 bundled together as a Wii U game, I would buy that in a heart beat.

I think every single NES, Super NES, N64 and GameCube should be given the HD remake! hahaha, okay, in all seriousness, I'm with a lot of people in terms of Super Mario Sunshine. It's a game that I actually missed out on playing and I'd love to give it a shot, but I'm a sucker for HD. ;)

Oh man, Bloody Roar: Primal Fury was one of my favorite games on GameCube and one of my all-time favorite fighting games. Bloody Roar needs to come to the current generation for sure, for me anyway, it'd blow half the current fighting games out of the water. But it needs a sequel more than an HD remake.

Eternal Darkness is the one I'd love to see remade into HD. I missed it back then, but I saw it a few times and it'd be awesome to be able to enjoy such a praised and valued stand-alone game in today's technology, for all of us who missed it and for those who weren't gaming back then.

Personally I'd like to see a remake of Phantasy Star Online: Episodes I & II. That game was epic. I can't say enough about how surprised I was that I didn't mind the "timed attack" mechanism. Multiplayer was the best.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back