Hipsters?

dustinb12

Staff member
From
Lafayette, LA
Playing
Switch
Unless it's vulgar, would someone please describe what exactly a hipster is? (seriously)

I looked it up, and it says that it is someone that follows the latest fashions or trends

Using internet slang, it means the exact opposite of that. It's someone who avoids trends like the plague and goes out of their way to flaunt their individuality.
But yeah, officially, it's someone who closely follows the most popular, recent fashion trends.
Though it's usually used in a negative connotation.

from what I have read, they are in starbucks and chipolte

A "Hipster" is someone who is has been told (or has told others) for a long time they followed a "Trend" or "Fad" before it became famous oftentimes stating,

"I did that before it was well known."
"I listened to that song before the band was even known."
"I wore that before they said it was good fashion."

Basically, being a "Hipster" is like being one of those people on forums nobody likes. You know who I'm talking about. The guy that always goes.

"FIRST!"

Yup. That guy. That's how equivalently bad Hipsters are. But I'm a Hipster.

So...

FIRST!

Lol.

^ i work with someone like that, yep thanks now i got it.

"I was asked to cook at that benefit before you even knew they were having one." THAT guy

Yup. That guy. Also, if you Google hipster and see all the memes, you can figure out quite quickly what they are. If you have future questions about what something is since you don't understand it, Google can always tell you. It's like a mobile encyclopedia of win.

Latest threads

Back