How "upgrades" have historical precedent for downgrading console gaming & why Nintendo NX will rule

autogypsy

Playing
Super NES
This article is really interesting and funny. It gives historical context and data showing how "upgrades" actually downgrade console gaming and provides a different theory as to the cause of the gaming crash and why Nintendo NX will dominate. I for one am super excited to see what happens and can't wait to see how everything plays out!

https://thoughtfulmirth.wordpress.c...osoft-lay-down-to-be-slaughtered-by-nintendo/

I forgot about the Atari 7600. The Neo and Scorpio does sound like a complete repeat, and it helps explain what happened to the Wii U: everyone thought it was an upgrade to the Wii and not an entirely new console.

Well I am very interested to read this, so thank you for posting. I cannot help but think the guy is a little biased, but maybe not. I think I might see where he is going with the downgrading from the upgrades idea, but I still a little weary so that will definitely be fun to read and see where he is coming from. I do think the NX will rule though, so I can agree on that. Thanks for sharing.

I hope that he is right but the two big ones are still in the market and sure it might just be a upgrade but they do have a large chunk of the market. We will have to wait until march to see if his prediction is right.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back