Konami asking for gamer feedback

Damien Lee

Playing
Super Famicom
It seems like Konami have really dropped the ball lately. A few months ago they announced that they will be focusing predominantly on mobile games, as that's where they believe the market is shifting. They also cancelled the latest Silent Hills game which angered a large part of the fan base. It seems that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain which is launching tomorrow, is one of the few notable Konami franchises to look forward to.

Recently, Konami have tried to do some damage control and asked fans what franchises they would like to see developed. Is it too little, too late or can Konami turn around if they listen to gamers?

How about a Contra revival? I always loved that game as a kid, and I'd be interested in seeing more games in that genre but with updated graphics and controls.

I actually did a bit of a Google search thinking about Contra games and Konami has made a Contra-type based on... STAR WARS :D

It's for mobile, it's called Star Wars: Force Collection and there's a mini-game where you play as Chewbacca! I'd be very interested in a full Star Wars Contra game, for sure!

Oh! There is a Metal Gear game coming out? Huh. I didn't hear about that. Maybe it is because I am solely a Nintendo guy.

There's really nothing from Konami that I'm a fan of so it's hard for me to be too upset with them going the way of mobile and gambling games. However, as a fellow gamer I can support those who do like Konami, and I wish they would get their act together.

How about a Contra revival? I always loved that game as a kid, and I'd be interested in seeing more games in that genre but with updated graphics and controls.

I actually did a bit of a Google search thinking about Contra games and Konami has made a Contra-type based on... STAR WARS :D

It's for mobile, it's called Star Wars: Force Collection and there's a mini-game where you play as Chewbacca! I'd be very interested in a full Star Wars Contra game, for sure!
A Star Wars Contra could be a massive hit and even help to revive the run 'n gun genre by introducing it to a new fan base. I enjoyed Hard Corps: Uprising which was a downloadable and co-developed by Arc Systems Works of Guilty Gear fame. That's one of my favorite games within the Contra franchise.

Oh! There is a Metal Gear game coming out? Huh. I didn't hear about that. Maybe it is because I am solely a Nintendo guy.
It looks good. It may very well be the last great game Konami releases. It's a pity that no more Metal Gear games came out on a Nintendo platform since The Twin Snakes on the GameCube. Definitely a missed opportunity. :(

Latest threads

Back