Merry introduces himself ^^

M.E.R.255

Playing
Nintendo 64
Hi, my name is M.E.R.255 (or commonly referred to as Merry =P) and I'm a pixel artist, website developer (as hobby) and I too love Nintendo A LOT, much like my friend virtualboy2558. ^^ We're very much alike which is why we get along so well. =)

While he's more into MS Paint and story writing, I'm more into animated GIFs and website programming like HTML, CSS, bit of JavaScript, bit of PHP, and so on. =P Him and I work a lot together on his stories or my animations which is a lot of fun. ^^ AHEM! Anyways... (you may have noticed already that I tend to ramble on about stuff XDDDD)

I'm originally from Germany (my dad married a German woman and she kept me there till I was 18) and I'm still able to communicate in German, just letting you know. ^^ My English is still not 100% perfect, but I'm trying. =P

Seeing how my buddy displayed some of his work in his intro, I might as well do the same. ^^
I love making smilies
sweat.gif
chao.gif
valydance.gif
, some bigger things
bbsilly.gif
, but especially like editing GIFs. =D
Like um... take Sentret
sentret.gif
and make him taunt you with a target
sentrettarget.gif
, or give Pikachu sunglasses
datpika.gif
=P

Hmm, what else is there... I know a bit about Photoshop, how to customize a MyBB forum, was a forum admin for few years in total (am currently helping another friend with her's ^^) and so on. ^^ However, it's very quiet there despite the weeks and months of coding put into it... and design... and after having like 5+ people to talk to in the last few years I've grown sick of waiting and decided to take action. ._. But only if virty would join too (which he did =P)

Now to the Nintendo part. =)
I love SNES, N64, Game Cube, Wii, Wii U, Game Boy, GBA, DS, 3DS... I love Nintendo in general. XDDD
As for game franchises... I suppose I like Pokémon, but not nearly as much as Super Mario. ^^ I used to be quite the Metroid fan, but it's hard to be a big fan of that series with the lack of games coming out... But hey, could be worse... F-Zero hardly ever gets games out much like Star Fox, from my knowledge. ^^; Kirby and Yoshi games I find quite adorable, buuuut SSB64 is the game that gets me the most emotional... (I learned in that game that Mario had a brother, about Samus, Star Fox, a lot about Nintendo characters, so it's a very special game to me >_<)

ARGH! I need to stop before this becomes too long of an introduction! oO
Thanks for reading and I hope you guys won't mind me being here! >_<; Sorry for the long intro. ^^;

Edit: (I like editing my posts a lot ^^; ) I'm hoping my avatar isn't too serious or intimidating looking. >_< My character is quite the serious type... but virtualboy drew me as a Chibi so I might take that instead to look more friendly. =) Might even do it tonight. ^^

If I did and you have no idea what I'm talking about... my avatar had like an "armored guy in it with lots of black and blue" =P

Last edited:
No, you're fine! Welcome to the forums! I am also a big fan of Nintendo and SSB. If you've only played SSB64, you should maybe consider trying SSBM (Super Smash Bros. Melee), the sequel to the first one on the GameCube. Or you can just skip that and go to a more modern version, like SSBB (Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii) or SSB4. I also run a forum too. Hope you enjoy it here Merry!

Thank you so much for replying here. ^^ I was afraid that my introduction may have been too long or perhaps boring. ^^; I've actually played the other games as well (which I haven't mentioned, sorry) but SSB64 is the most memorable to me because it introduced all these characters that I've never seen before in my childhood. =)

SSBB is my favorite when it comes to functionality, characters, and especially the Subspace Emissary. =D I felt quite let down by the 4th installment because it didn't feature an Adventure Mode... SSBM was also amazing and introduced Mr. Game & Watch to me (I freaking loved him in that game and the music was COOL! O_O)

I'm quite the Nintendo fan and played a lot... but mostly 1Player due to not having any friends to play with (nearby). It sucks moving away and your friends breaking up contact with you. ._. Aaaaaanyways, I can't shut up again. >_< Once again, thank you for your response. ^^
Oh, and you run a forum too? I wouldn't mind hearing more of it, even if it's about something I'm not familiar with, out of curiosity. ^^ (like Play Station or certain Anime)

You're welcome! I try to welcome all new members. I think the intro was just fine, in fact, it was pretty interesting. :)

I liked SSBB too, and I think it is my favorite. I've had trouble deciding whether it's SSBB or SSB4 that I like the best but I think it's SSBB because I loved the stage builder (more than the latest stage builder), the stickers are in it, and I've had more good times with that game than the recent one. I also liked Subspace Emissary and the cutscenes and I didn't like how they cut that and adventure mode out of SSB4. It was probably so they could expand the roster, add 8-Player Smash, and some other things but still. I like SSBM too but not as much as SSBB. I liked Pichu and Young Link and I hope they (especially Pichu) can make a return as DLC in the latest game.

My forum that you're wondering about is actually all about Smash and other Nintendo games. We have an anime section too. If you're interested I can give you the link to it and you can check it out. ^^ I'm sure we'd be glad to have you.

welcome, love hearing which games you enjoy. without the Smash series, i would have missed out on a lot of cool games myself. i like Pikachu's glasses!

Argh! Sorry for not responding the last few days, but I got hired on as an Electrician (industrial) this week, which came out of nowhere. >_< I was doing residential with my father, but a friend of his hired me on to do more challenging Electrical work since my dad is already over 60 years old and will soon quit doing that sort of work. ^^;

Soooooo... let's reply to some replies. ^^

@crunchyg: Thank you for welcoming me! =D Didn't think an administrator would welcome me, especially this quick. ^_^ I'm glad you're not the "shut up, I'm busy" type that doesn't like to contact new members and removes your avatar if they think it looks too nice (happened to me before *caugh*).
Also thank you for replying to virtualboy2558 and complimenting his sprite work! =D I'm sure he'd love to help with the header/banner, but is quite shy to say anything. ^^; I'd gladly help out too, but only if that would be alright with you. ^^ Maybe we could make some together and show them to you. =)

@ChibiChan12: I can see that. ^^ And I'm glad you liked my intro! =D If I had some of my BB Codes (forum codes) I'd put my stuff in paragraphs with colored backgrounds so that I could sort it a bit better. =) Hmm, though could have categorized it with headings... Anyways... XDDD
Hmm, true. Both games features a lot of good things and it's bit difficult to really decide between one and the other. ^^; (and aww, I found Pichu so adorable in it ^#^)
As for the forum, you could send me the link and I'll check it out. =D Maybe in a PM or here, up to you. ^^ I used to be quite into SSB, but haven't been actively playing games anymore... (when you play 1-player modes for years and years it gets kinda lonely =/)

@dustinb12: Thank you for your reply! ^^ And yeah, SSB really does help gamers to discover other characters. =D I think a lot of people learned to know Ness because of it, for one. ^^ And I'm glad you like the glasses. =) I made more edits which I may show here in a topic. ^^

Oh, that's okay! I understand being busy and all. ^^ I thought your introduction was just fine.

Yeah, I actually like all of the games. They all have good things about them, it's so hard to choose one over the other. And yes, Pichu was so cute. I kind of hope he'll return in the latest one, despite all the hate he gets. :(
For the forum, I think I'll just give you the link here, since I don't see why it has to be top secret or anything. Hopefully you will be able to get back into SSB someday, it's a good game. And I know what you mean about playing alone, but luckily there's online mode and friend rooms now.

Anyway, here's the link if you want to look at it:

http://supersmashbrosforum.freeforums.net/

@M.E.R.255 You can never have too much creative talent! If you guys can both help, I am happy to hear your ideas. Feel free to send me a PM and add virtualboy2558 to the conversation as well.

Sorry for being off for several days, but I've been dealing with a few things and my friend closed down her forum so I've been trying to get that resolved ^^;
Also been busy working (commercial electrician) and pretty tired from it. >_< Virtualboy also has been through a few things emotionally, and I'm trying to cheer him back up, as well as some other people. =/

So I'd like to apologize for my current absence...

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back