Pokemon Wii U Game

JPGaming

Hello all,

This thread was created for the purpose of allowing the public to post their ideas and opinions on a Pokemon Kanto Wii U game. Other games and brands are mentioned in this thread for the purpose of making an example, not advertisement. Hopefully if there are enough positive opinions and ideas on this idea, it can be made into a real game! Before we begin, I would like to say that there are many other pages on the web with the same idea as this. Now then, lets start with what I would like to see on this thread.

What ideas do you have for this game? Do you think that this is a good idea? What region do you think should be created first? If you have any other opinions or suggestions also implement those too. Now, just some things that made me get the idea for this.

The Pokemon community was taking a giant part of the population when I was a kid. All my friends, little or big would watch it, play it, or collect it. The games and show just kept on growing in popularity until, I feel, it found its max. The buzz died down and the amount of followers decreased to just kids and few teens. This stayed the same for many years. Even though new games came out it stayed the same. The same audience with the same old idea until…. The popular Pixelmon Mod for the game Minecraft renewed the game into now a 3D experience! Although the game was blocky, it still allowed players to interact with each other in a totally different way. There were many trainers running around, their Pokemon on their side, and having a big fun time. Some servers allowed player gym leaders that added a “real” feeling to the game. Sadly, I realized that although this game was really fun, the blocky graphics and lack of doing anything other than battling was not good enough for a gamer like me. During its reign, a new Indie game arose called Pokemon Generations. This game had amazingly detailed Pokemon and allowed players to fight as their Pokemon against others. This was AMAZINGLY fun! Sadly, the game ceased development and lost many followers. Pokemon X and Y. These games gave me much hope for an upcoming game for the Wii U. Again, no sign of any Wii U Pokemon games coming up. A question appeared about the two favorite regions: (I think its pretty safe to say) Kanto and Hoenn. Now a rumor appeared for the 3DS. A HOENN REMAKE!!! POKEMON OMEGA RUBY AND ALPHA SAPHIRE!!! I could not believe it myself. If Hoenn was coming to the 3DS then Kanto must be coming to the…. nope. This would not happen. No rumors about this, so, I just kept on dreaming.

The Wii U obviously has so much potential. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate left us running for our lives when the Abyssal Lagiacrus was after us. Super Mario 3D World brought us to a new world with a 3D landscape to explore. COD: Ghosts made us rage with a Troll Face popping up in the back of our heads. Assassins Creed: Black Flag let us rule the waters and explore the land like never before. Mario Kart 8 sent us zooming through beautiful courses with graphics never seen in a Mario game.

This game could have a spot in the list above. Pokemon Wii U bringing back fans even after X and Y!!! All we need to do is try. We can have a complete, open world game with many trainers sending out their own player-controlled Pokemon, battling other Pokemon that don’t appear in the grass, but fly in from the sky, jump out of a tree, swim up from the depths of the ocean, or drill up from the ground in the land of Kanto! You can control your pokemon during battle. Attacks should be able to be dodged and blocked using your own attacks. The map should be a complete, open, giant world with no restrictions and little to no loading scenes. We can have many, uniquely customized trainers running around with game chat, asking you to battle, or talking about where their next destination is. Having the thrill of fighting in a tournament or fighting other trainers for EXP can be just around the corner. The routes could be ginormous with fun, exciting environments to travel to with your Pokemon on your side. Just imagine riding on your Rapidash through the forest, flying over mountains on your Pidgeot, or even swimming and diving through the oceans on your Lapras with full control over them! Traveling to a new land of Pokemon like Johto or Hoenn could be as easy as going on a boat or flying on a plane after a new DLC has been released, keeping all of your Pokemon and becoming a true Pokemon Master in the world of Nintendo. We can have all this.

I would like to thank you for reading this. I hope to see many comments and replies on this thread and to maybe make this dream come true.

Thank you,
JPGaming

HERE WILL BE MORE IDEAS THAT WOULD NEED PUBLIC OPINIONS:

1) Alternative to battling and catching a Pokemon, should there be befriending and having wild pokemon follow you and eventually letting you catch them to increase happiness once caught? How this would happen is that there would be a chance that the Pokemon would take a liking to you.

Last edited:
People have waited for a proper Pokemon installment on a console for like 3 generations now. It still hasn't happened. I would take a remake of Pokemon Yellow, or anything really, as long as it's from the main series.

If it's going to come to Wii U, it's obviously going to be in 3D, and they've already laid the groundwork for that with the 3DS games. Maybe there's hope.

I would love to be able to play a more immersive pokemon game on WiiU. The gamepad could be the pokedex/backpack, etc. Maybe you could even check on your pokemon in their pokeballs using the gamepad!

I don't want to say it will never happen, but it hasn't happened yet. I bought a 3ds specificially to play Pokemon, and I know that many people would follow suit with a WiiU.

Wasn't there one on the GameCube?
A few actually, but the one you're probably thinking of is Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. They were pretty good actually, but it didn't sell all that well.

I actually played Gale of Darkness and really enjoyed it. It had a decent story and pokemon weye pretty detailed for a game from that era.

I kept waiting for another game like that but just kept getting disappointed. I've got a friend who's wanted a pokemon mmo for as long as I've known him (like 10 years).

Personally, my goals aren't so lofty. Just a decent console game with modern graphics. Finally give me a real idea of just how big and scary my Gyrados actually is.

Honestly I think Pokemon has always been a mobile franchise, and it will always stay that way. It's more fun playing on a DS or 3ds in my opinion compared to a Gamecube or Wii U. There is potential, but I feel it won't be accessible for the target audience of 9-15 year olds who want a more affordable console to play Pokemon on.

I would love to be able to play a more immersive pokemon game on WiiU. The gamepad could be the pokedex/backpack, etc. Maybe you could even check on your pokemon in their pokeballs using the gamepad!

Yeah, for a Wii U Pokemon game to really work it's gotta expand on the gameplay we already get from the handheld versions. Getting into the exploration aspect of the world would be incredibly cool. Imagine how much they could do with riding bikes? Not to mention having a full flying mechanic to let you really explore the world!

Yeah, for a Wii U Pokemon game to really work it's gotta expand on the gameplay we already get from the handheld versions. Getting into the exploration aspect of the world would be incredibly cool. Imagine how much they could do with riding bikes? Not to mention having a full flying mechanic to let you really explore the world!

Yeah when I think about a Pokemon game I think about a game on the handheld. I remember when it had Pokemon stadium. I used to like that game for a bit but then it began to get boring really quickly. I think like 2moogles said they would really have to expand in the gameplay.

I don't want to say it will never happen, but it hasn't happened yet. I bought a 3ds specificially to play Pokemon, and I know that many people would follow suit with a WiiU.

I completely agree! I'm such a big fan of the Pokemon series (I own all the Pokemon games: Diamond/Pearl, Black/White, Red/Blue etc.), and I think it would be super cool if they could do a remake on one of the older regions for the Wii U. With the addition of 3D graphics, I think it would look super cool!

Although it would be cool to see pokemon on the wii-u I do not see it happening. It has been far too long for it to be developed at this point.

I think a Wii U Pokemon game would be cool.However, Nintendo seems to be perfectly content slightly tweaking the same basic formula.
Nintendo has also stated they have no plans to make a full-scale console pokemon game any time soon.And considering their more recent actions, I doubt they'll even allow us a PC fan game.

Latest threads

Back