Rediscovering the Classics: Retro Gaming on the Nintendo Switch

Alexnombern

Playing
Switch
Hello fellow Nintendo enthusiasts,

I’ve recently been diving into the world of retro gaming on the Nintendo Switch and I wanted to share my experiences and hear about yours.

The Nintendo Switch, with its versatility and portability, has proven to be an excellent platform for revisiting classic games. From the NES and SNES collections available with a Nintendo Switch Online subscription, to the various retro game compilations and remasters available on the eShop, there’s a wealth of classic gaming content to explore.

Here are a few of my favorite retro experiences on the Switch:

1. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES): This game needs no introduction. It’s as fun and challenging today as it was back in the '80s.
  2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES): In my opinion, this is one of the best entries in the Zelda series, and it plays beautifully on the Switch.
  3. Mega Man Legacy Collection (Various): This collection includes the first six Mega Man games, all of which offer a great retro platforming challenge.
I’d love to hear about your favorite retro games on the Switch. Are there any hidden gems I should check out? Any classic games you’re hoping will get a Switch release?

Let’s celebrate the classics and discuss why they still matter in today’s gaming landscape.

Happy gaming!

@Alexnombern,yes! Excellent post. i never was a huge megaman fan, but i do love SMB3. No matter how far we get away from it, i always seem to go back. The influence can't be denied on all marios after it. I loved the Koopa kids, the music and all the power up options. Its like the world just became huge.

ALTTP is awesome. Im a huge Zelda guy, and wow it was fun. Maybe not my favorite but i love it very much. Catching fairies! Great post

I think most of the Switch games I have are rereleases of old games! I like some of the new retro-style games, like Shovel Knight, but alot of what I buy is from the eShop is, like, Arcade Archives series games, Johnny Turbo's Arcade games (Data East), and things like the Castlevania Collection and the TMNT Cowabunga Collection. ☺️

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back