Teleport Jump Question

Jack Lovejoy

From
California (Originally from Korea)
Playing
Wii
Hey guys, the little jump dash mechanic seems to niggle with me. If you don't know what the mechanic is, when I press the jump button in midair, I can teleport up, left, or right. If I press A when I am not holding the circle pad, I teleport up. If I press A while tilting the circle pad up, I can teleport forward. I can only teleport twice and when I have used up all of my teleports, I will do a slight jump dash in a last attempt to get over an obstacle. You may think this looks good on paper, but here is the problem....

If I teleport forward, I may go too far and miss the platform and fall to my death. If I teleport up, I lose all my jump momentum and I may not make it to the platform. Even if I do the last resort jump dash, it may go too far as well and it may make me plummet to my death. So what should I do about this mechanic? Should I keep it or scrap it? Do you have any suggestions on how to modify it to make platforming safer?

What would it be like if you kept all momentum? Like if you were to jump forward, teleport backwards, then still be traveling forward? It might be a cool way to clear obstacles.

I am still seeing something quite flawed about that. I mean, if I were keeping momentum, then I would have a lot of mishaps while getting over an obstacle.

For example, lets say there is a high ledge and a bottomless pit below that. If I jump, then I can keep momentum. If I teleport up, then I still won't be able to get up on the ledge since I need to teleport one more time up. If I don't react quick enough, I can bump into the wall and lose all my momentum. As soon as I press teleport one more time, I can't grab onto the ledge since I lost all my momentum.

Maybe I need to think of another jump skill other than teleporting.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back