The hardest Mother Brain

Thomas Ennis

From
Albuquerque
Playing
Super NES
Since I have only played a few of the Metroid games to completion, I'll compare Mother Brain on the original Metroid to the version on Super Metroid. Truthfully, I don't think either one of them was particularly hard. Super Metroid was a much harder game then the original, but I would have to say the original has a harder Mother Brain.
My primary reason for saying that is the frustration factor. When you're trying to blast Mother Brain on the original, you end up getting knocked into the lava. Consequently, you start getting frustrated, then you start playing worse. On Super Metroid, the same thing happened, however, I don't think it was as prominent. What do you guys think is the Metroid with the hardest Mother Brain?

I think the originals is harder. The fight just seemed much more... Annoying.. In the original.

Yes, it was annoying to a point that it made it difficult. I remember getting so frustrated that I lost my ability to play the game. That being said, Metroid was not, by any stretch of the imagination, one of the more difficult games on the Nintendo. Ridley was pretty easy if I remember correctly, and Kraid(?) was fairly hard. Super Metroid took these two bosses to the next level, but took Mother Brain a notch back.

At first, Super Metroid's Mother Brain seemed really badass after she mutated and grew limbs and a torso, and then proceeded to wallop Samus with a powerful burst of energy! ...But then you realize that the game's final fight is all for show, and no matter ends with the giant metroid swooping in to save the day. (Perhaps my sole complaint with my favourite SNES game, and it's a minor one at that.)

It's also kind of amusing to compare how much time the original Metroid gave Samus to escape Zebes afterwards, and conversely how much less is given in Super Metroid to traverse a considerably longer escape route! Then again, Samus can run much faster in Super Metroid and I've never heard of anyone actually having trouble beating the clock!

I think the Super Metroid Mother Brain was EXTREMELY hard. Not to mention, I was a kid and didn't really understand how Metroid worked. All the more complex video games of the time kind of just flew over my head. I didn't even try to beat Mother Brain until I saw my brother beat the game. Even then, it was quite an impossible task.

Yes, it was annoying to a point that it made it difficult. I remember getting so frustrated that I lost my ability to play the game. That being said, Metroid was not, by any stretch of the imagination, one of the more difficult games on the Nintendo. Ridley was pretty easy if I remember correctly, and Kraid(?) was fairly hard. Super Metroid took these two bosses to the next level, but took Mother Brain a notch back.

This in a nutshell also applies to me. Super Metroids enemies were harder but MB was weaker, but the first one is still the annoying and hard one!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back