Top 10 best Mario games

Jack Lovejoy

From
California (Originally from Korea)
Playing
Wii
Hey guys, it is Jack here, and I will talk about the public icon of gaming, Mario. He revived the console gaming from the marketing crash of 1983, so he is know as the father of consoles. Let's all face it, Mario is the god of video gaming history, I mean seriously, he can take on many different genres of games and set the bar higher than it is. So let's talk about the top 10 mario games. (Could be biased, so please do not make negative comments below)

10. New Super Mario Bros U
Ah yes, this is a game that brought Mario back to his classic roots like Sonic did in Sonic the Hedgehog 4. But, this game adds so much more fun than it did back in New Super Mario Bros Wii. Also, my favorite level is the Van Gogh level, Why I like this? It is just so beautiful and creative and it strays from the usual and standard Grassy, fire, ice world themes.

9. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
This game got me to play it because of how fun it looked. I got hooked to life as this game was so classic and original. Also, I like the art style for this game, because it looks like it was drawn in a storybook, which is cute.

8. New Super Luigi U
Yeah, it is just an exact copy of Mario U, but it was MUCH MORE CHALLENGING AND HOLY S##T. You can't believe how many times I died in this game, but I got something I wanted, a Mario game that is actually challenging. This is higher on the list than Mario U, because come on, Luigi is out of his brother's shadow now, give him some credit.

7. Super Mario Sunshine
Oh ho, this is the only main series mario game on the gamecube, which is kinda sad. But that doesn't stop the gameplay from being so goddamn fun. But I kinda find the addition of FLUDD quite pointless, but still, pointless does not mean boring.

6. Super Mario Bros.
You guessed this will be on the list, so here it is. The game that revolutionized the gaming industry. Just a platform classic, nuff said.

5. New Super Mario Bros.
Well, the DS version of New Super Mario Bros Wii, but WOAH! Did Mario just ingest that Mushroom and became f##cking Goliath? Jesus this game was fun as the new mega mushroom power-up just made me obliterate through many obstacles in my way.

4. Super Mario 64
While most 2d characters had a hard time transitioning from 2d to 3d like Earthworm Jim and motherf##king Bubsy, Mario has made it into the 3d realm flawlessly without any scratches on his hat.

3. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.
These games deserve to be on this list because they took imagination to a whole new level. In this game, Mario says "F##k gravity and limitations of terrain, nothing is gonna stop me now!" Truly, this game is a masterpiece on the Wii.

2. Super Mario Maker
Wanted to make your own Mario game, here it is. This game is infinitely fun as you can connect worldwide to see other people's levels and play in them. There is a metagame going on since this game is so good, so go check out the competition.

1. Super Mario World
This classic game has been a savored Mario memory. I used to only think about Sonic all the time, but ever since I played this, it was hook-line- then sync. This is such a fun game since this game has Yoshi. This is was the reason why I fell in love with Mario.

excellent post my friend! You should totally do another list of off-shoot/sports titles. Ive never played golf a day in my life, and still to this morning, play World Tour (3ds) at least a few times a month, just because I'm scared to miss out. Luigi's Mansions were great too.

Super Mario Maker is every fan's dream come true, and besides that, i have a special place in my heart for Sunshine!

Yes, more top ten please. I think that I can get behind this list... with the exception that it has no Mario RPG series mentions D: those are usually considered their own animal anyways though, so I'm good with it.

1. Super Mario World
This classic game has been a savored Mario memory. I used to only think about Sonic all the time, but ever since I played this, it was hook-line- then sync. This is such a fun game since this game has Yoshi. This is was the reason why I fell in love with Mario.

My favourite Mario game too! I spent so much time playing it! And omg yes, please make the worst Mario games, I'm actually curious!

I definitely did not get to play the Super Mario Galaxy games enough. I am not really sure why, either, now that I think about it. They really were something different, though, and that is always welcome for me, but I just did not get into it all that much. If I had to add or alter the list somehow, I would just have to make room for a Mario Kart game, probably 64, but that is just me. Great list though.

Latest threads

Back