Yoshi

Shimus

Playing
Nintendo 64
The title says it all. Yoshi. That helpful lizard. Or was he really just an evil spawned from an Egg?

Who knows.

Yoshi. MOSHI MOSHI!

yoshi_approves_label_by_zefrenchm-d5wazwd.png

So, did you like him? Hate him? Did you use him as an extra jumping pedestal? Or was he your friend, on a mystical journey?

Explain!

Love him. i just bought Yoshi's Island (SNES) on virtual console and can't wait to dive in. He's awesome on MK8 and Smash Bros. I can say with all honesty i felt bad every time i dumped him to jump to a secret area, or had to leave him behind

Makes me laugh everytime:

Yoshi is a lizard? You really learn something new every day. I have never really given any thought to what yoshi might be I just love him in the game. I think that Mario will always be one of the greatest games in history. I think that Mario is the most popular gaming character in the world.

Agreed. Pretty sure he's been a dinosaur since the dawn of Mario time. I've always liked Yoshi. Separate of Mario more than used by him like with the Party episodes or the Kart situations.

Yoshi definitely belongs to a species of anthropomorphic dinosaur. Super Mario World, where Mario and Luigi first meet Yoshi in his home, takes place in Dinosaur Land. (And having Yoshi be a dinosaur is one of the few areas in which the Super Mario Bros movie didn't radically depart from the source material!) The word dinosaur may literally mean "terrible lizard," but that's misleading as there are significant differences between lizards and dinosaurs--they are two different categories of animal. (We didn't know better when we coined the term.) Then again, Yoshi does have characteristics of other species that I don't think any known dinosaur had--namely his frog like tongue!

Putting semantics aside though, the inclusion of Yoshi in Super Mario World was perhaps an even bigger innovation to the Super Mario franchise than taking it from 8-to-16 bits and adding to Mario's arsenal of mere power-ups! (One that was a long time coming no less, as Miyamoto wanted Mario to have a mountable dinosaur companion ever since the original NES Super Mario Bros!) The only real comparison that comes to mind is the even longer-in-coming inclusion of a mountable steed in The Legend of Zelda! And Yoshi easily surpasses that in terms of character and versatility! I'm hard pressed to think of another example, in video games at least, in which a mountable ride was given such a rich and versatile character that goes well beyond the usual "oh, now I can move faster and take another hit" etc.

Yoshi is a pretty cool dinosaur eh? He has always been one of my favourite nintendo characters, and I always feel bad when I abandom him off a cliff in Mario games.

I love Yoshi. I love that when he eats fruit in certain games he changes colour. Simple things!

Yoshi was and still is one of my favorite additions to the Super Mario franchise. I'm not a huge fan of using him in Smash Bros but he is always my go to character in the Mario Party games. Looking forward to the hearing more about the new game at e3 since I'm sure Nintendo is going to be promoting it a bunch.

Yoshi has been my favorite video game character since I was 4. I just love him. He is also my main is all of the Smash games, and I use him in every other video game if he is playable. YOSHI POWEH!

Is it possible to dislike Yoshi?! I just assumed that everyone love him. In Mario Kart & Party we would have *slight* disagreements between us who would get to play as Yoshi. Personally, it's my favorite character partially due to his voice tracks. I find certain characters scripts/voice are just to much to bear....

He's my third favorite Mario character behind the Mario brothers themselves. I love everything about Yoshi and he's my favorite fictional dinosaur!

I dislike Yoshi. At every turn, if I could kick off him for an extra jump sending him to his death I wouldn't even think twice about it. He whines all the time, runs away if you get damaged, and is a moron and will run straight off cliffs. He's worse than TOAD, and I thought TOAD was horrible!

That being said, he was quite helpful in the game series... but it almost didn't out-weigh his annoyances!~

HOW DARE YOU OFFEND YOSHI!? AND HOW DARE YOU THROW HIM OFF CLIFFS FOR AN EXTRA JUMP?! I WILL AVENGE YOU YOSHI! YOU HAVE NOT HEARD THE LAST OF Y0SHIM0N SHIMUS!:mad:

would you feel better if i said i bought Yoshi's Island on the VC and i like it? Cause i really do

I would buy Yoshi's Story on the Wii U VC (I have it on the Wii VC already so it'd be only be 2 dollars to get). I'm a little jealous Yoshi's Woolly World is already out in every other region of the world; it's one of my most anticipated Wii U games of the year.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back