Zelda - Escape Room Game

crunchyg

Administrator
Staff member
Playing
GameCube
Nintendo is creating a new escape room puzzle game based on the world of Hyrule.

Called “Defenders of the Triforce,” the real-world game is being built in collaboration with escape room design studio Scrap, and will be going on a tour throughout the United States early next year. However, according to Nintendo, it’s different from a typical escape room game, and will feature many of the familiar Zelda touches fans of the series have to come to expect. (It also likely won’t be quite as scary as many escape rooms.) Here’s how the company describes it:

Instead of escaping from a locked room, participants work in teams of six to solve a mystery in a huge area, all within a set time limit. The experience will let guests interact with classic items and characters seen in The Legend of Zelda series like the Goron, Zora, and Kokiri tribes. Discovered items can be used to solve puzzles and move forward into other areas, just like in The Legend of Zelda games.

REG_Zelda_Banner.png

“Defenders of the Triforce” will be on tour throughout the US starting in January, with no word yet on any international plans. Here’s the schedule so far:

• San Francisco – January 31st to February 5th
  • Los Angeles – February 10th to 12th
  • San Diego – February 24th to 25th
  • Seattle – TBA
  • Phoenix – TBA
  • Houston – TBA
  • Chicago – TBA
  • New York – TBA

Meh, I'm not going to dig out my passport just to play this.

this is an awesome idea! i hope they take it easy on Water Temple type puzzles. My sister works for a company that is using escape rooms as group problem-solving training.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back