Donkey Kong for Wii U

Donkey Punch

Playing
NES
So, what's going on with Donkey Kong and when is it coming to Wii U? Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii was a sweet game, but the controls were very annoying (I used a Pro Controller mod to fix that, but not everyone has a modded Wii), and I thought they could have done more with the franchise. Other than the rumor that Retro Studios is working on a Donkey Kong track in the (also rumored) Mario Kart Wii U, there isn't any substantial information about the future of Donkey Kong.

What kind of game should the next Donkey Kong be? HD remake of the SNES games? A follow-up to the Wii game? Or a full-blow sequel to Donkey Kong 64?

I am really leaning toward a Donkey Kong 64 sequel. It would be amazing to see the DK universe that Rare created in full high-polygon HD. The gameplay was pretty much Banjo Kazooie, and Nintendo could easily carry that engine over to Wii U with a few modern tweaks. But I really wouldn't mind a 2D sequel either or remake either, as long as you can play them with the Pro controller.

Latest threads

Back