NES Cart Storage Suggestions?

JoanMcWench

Playing
NES
I know this question is as bad as the 'how do you get that sticker/marker off' one, but I feel like this has more answer options than the latter. I'm looking for a new way to store my NES cartridges. It's no longer freezing where I am and I'm converting a porch to an old school gaming area.

Currently I am storing my games in the plastic shelves thing. Yes, it fits. Yes, it's not as classless as putting them in a cardboard box. But I'm looking for other options. Fancy pants having-company-over options. I've looked online but options are really limited other than custom bookshelves. I don't mind it being DIY but to save time I'd prefer to just buy it.

I went to Walmart and found some book shelves that fit my NES game carts nicely. It's those put together your self book shelves. And the shelves can fit 216 NES game carts per shelve.

Do you have a link to the shelf? I'm wondering if it's on their website so I can check it out without going into the store first.

Why don't you build a shelf by yourself?
I think you could build it to be an awesome gaming shelf.

For an example, build a shelf that looks like an Arcade machine, and put your games in there... That'd be awesome! :D

I mentioned up there that I don't mind DIY, I was just looking for something quick. I may, very well, build something in my back room for game permanently but it's a porch situation where portable was pretty key.

Sorry, I usually just scoop through everything I read
shy.gif

Tsk tsk tsk. You've been caught red handed and cheeked, apparently.

JoanMcWench said:
Do you have a link to the shelf? I'm wondering if it's on their website so I can check it out without going into the store first.

I can post a pic of the shelve I have now filled with NES games. It's a perfect fit.

Yes, that would be fantastic. I'd post my set up but it's a crappy plastic box on wheels. :(

Note to all: Those plastic drawers are a great form of TEMPORARY storage but they certainly are not worth a long term commitment. The weight of the games really affect the movement of the drawers. They fit perfectly, insofar as side-by-side, but it's tough to access the back of the drawers seeing as they do not full pull out on the track.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back