SNES or MegaDrive/Genesis!?

SNES holds a soft spot in my heart because my mother ran a store in the chain of video stores, "Hollywood Videos" and I was one of the first ones to be able to rent out (and I was the kid that had those games rented out you wanted cause' I had first pick) and I kept one of their rental consoles. It became my own over time, and I had so many good games for it.

My choice is a purely sentimental one & not really based in the fact that one is better than the other. Super Nintendo. I didn't own one growing up which I think fueled my fire to own one as an adult. Everyone had it & I still remember playing The Lion King a million times for the music & the danger. :eek:

I own and love both consoles. Actually, it's unfair to try and compare them because they are such different machines. The Sega Genesis truly brought arcade gaming to the home. It boasted a faster processor than the SNES and was therefore better at action titles. On the other hand, the SNES had a superior VDP (video display processor) and sound chip providing a richer experience for jrpgs. The gamer benefits from owning both systems and experiencing two different gaming worlds.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back