A First Person Zelda?

I do feel like there's a special case for which going with a first-person perspective within a The Legend of Zelda game would be especially intriguing: a virtual reality The Legend of Zelda game!

When discussing virtual reality games, such as those offered by the Oculus Rift, it seems to me that having the games be immersive, open world, and first-person is an absolute must--otherwise, is it truly virtual reality?

And I can easily see dungeon crawling as Link through a first-person virtual reality perspective as being an immensely satisfying gaming experience!

However, I doubt that Nintendo will return to virtual reality any time soon given the massive failure of their Virtual Boy--even if the likes of the Oculus Rift demonstrates that the technology has finally caught up with the way-too-far-ahead-of-its-time core concept!

I think this would be a bad idea in my mind. The whole way the zelda games are programmed is to be in third person. They are known for that angle and I think it would not feel like a zelda game in first person and more like a re skinned skyrim.

I think this would be doable like a Destiny type platform. First person in open-world content, third person on horses, and in instances and temples. Could make for some interesting puzzles.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back