Alienware Entering the Game

Thomas Ennis

From
Albuquerque
Playing
Super NES
Did you guys hear about the Alienware console hitting the market later this year? Supposedly it's basically a console that plays computer games. I think the price tag is going to be 550. I wonder how it will do.

You mean the Alienware Alpha? It's a Steambox without the Steam OS honestly. Or in other words, a PC in your living room, without all the PC parts really.

I dunno if it'll be even that cheap. Alienware is notorious for overpricing what is fairly mediocre hardware to be honest, so if its only coming in at that price, which is roughly half of what their 'gaming' laptops goes for, I can't imagine that it'll be that powerful.

It's a steambox but from what I knew they are not engineering it for easy upgrades. I honestly don't see it selling well..

It's a steambox but from what I knew they are not engineering it for easy upgrades. I honestly don't see it selling well..
Seems like Alienware's MO then.

Sell you an overpriced product, and then make it difficult to upgrade without just buying another overpriced product from them. I'll wait until we're getting an actual Steambox.

I perfer a custom built computer rather then a name brand , you could easily build a better one for the price of a high end alienware

Seems like Alienware's MO then.

Sell you an overpriced product, and then make it difficult to upgrade without just buying another overpriced product from them. I'll wait until we're getting an actual Steambox.

Pretty much it doesn't help they are owned by the worst pc company... DELL...

Yeah, the buyout happened a few years ago and after it happened the quality of there PC's went super downhill..
This makes so much sense. I mean, it's not like Alienware was even that good for the price they were selling them at, especially since it's a 'gaming' laptop which by definition is insane, but that just adds so much more.

This makes so much sense. I mean, it's not like Alienware was even that good for the price they were selling them at, especially since it's a 'gaming' laptop which by definition is insane, but that just adds so much more.

They're prices are even worse than they used to be when you look at all of the parts individually. It's practically criminal.. I understand making a profit but dang..

They're prices are even worse than they used to be when you look at all of the parts individually. It's practically criminal.. I understand making a profit but dang..
I know. It's why anyone with a brain stays away from them. Also, just another reason I detest TBBT. They all, despite supposedly being super smart, and able to build computers from scratch and space toilets and all that jazz, buy alienware laptops. I mean, I get that it's just paid promotion, but come on.

I know. It's why anyone with a brain stays away from them. Also, just another reason I detest TBBT. They all, despite supposedly being super smart, and able to build computers from scratch and space toilets and all that jazz, buy alienware laptops. I mean, I get that it's just paid promotion, but come on.

That entire show is a joke..
It's terrible and every so called "reference" is barely even a reference..

I don't honestly care about this new "console" to be honest. I want the variety and range of an actual system and it's games. On top of that I invested in Alienware once with a friend of mine... and that was a solid object lesson as to what listening to hype will get you.

It's a Steambox and it will fail. It won't just be those made by Alienware but also from other manufacturers. While Valve is a very smart company, their Steambox and Steam OS initiative will probably not do so well. They are effectively entering the console market. Console gamers don't want to deal with a variety of confusing SKU's and specs. PC gamers on the other hand, like to build their own gaming rigs that are more powerful and cheaper compared to an equivalent Steambox.

Latest threads

Back