Are there any 3rd person Shooter Games on the 3ds?

Jack Lovejoy

From
California (Originally from Korea)
Playing
Wii
Hey guys, I am asking what 3rd person shooter game I should get for the 3ds? I am thinking of another IP to be a 3rd person shooter and I want inspiration out of some game. And not kid icarus, since I do not plan on using touch screen controls

I know it isn't for 3DS, but if you have a Wii U, Splatoon is A M A Z I N G!

I can't get a wii u because my dad is a sony fanboy who jacks off to the playstation and glorifies the PS3 as the best selling console of the 7th generation (Completely disregarding the Wii and calling it cheap tech garbage). Funnily enough, he is not buying a ps4 for me because it is technically the same as the ps3.

Another funny thing is that he thinks that Backwards Compatibility means that I can play ps4 games on the ps3..... What the fuck has he been smoking? He was a patent of the original ps3 in its programming interface, YET HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY IS.

Also Yoshi, I heard Splatoon uses a motion control camera, so I would pass on that. I am not using any of the Nintendo gimmicks in my game.

Ironfall: Invasion is okay but nothing special.

To let you know, my game is not going to be a typcial third person shooter with guns in a modern day war. Its instead sort of a Shooter ARPG where you are a wizard who is fighting against the demons in the medieval times. I can say it borrows elements from Kid Icarus Uprising, but I added some of my ideas to the mix to make it more original. In this game, it is all about thinking and strategy to make new ways fight against your opponents.

For example, lets say there is a lance knight riding on a horse. He charges into you with his lance ready to penetrate you. The way to counter attack is to jump and shoot at him in the head to cancel this attack.

Judging from what the reviews say, I think I will pass. I need an actually well-crafted game that is not using any sort of gimmick at all.
On a 3DS? Good luck with that. Most games will be using some sort of "gimmick" (incidentally rumble and analog joysticks can be classified as gimmicks), but many games will allow you to turn off gyroscopic aiming. Games would be made both for the New 3DS and the original; which didn't havew a C-stick, so gyro aim would be a necessity for some titles. The Moon Chronicles game I linked to actually uses the ABXY buttons for aiming, because it predates the c-stick

I find it ironic that so much emphasis is on the PS3 when even my Samsung TV can play PS3 games. Incidentally, why don't you buy a cheap used PS4 game, then get him to help you figure out why it's not working on the PS3? If you throw enough verbal abuse at the PS3 he's bound to be inclined to actually look into it.

I can't get a wii u because my dad is a sony fanboy who jacks off to the playstation and glorifies the PS3 as the best selling console of the 7th generation (Completely disregarding the Wii and calling it cheap tech garbage). Funnily enough, he is not buying a ps4 for me because it is technically the same as the ps3.

Another funny thing is that he thinks that Backwards Compatibility means that I can play ps4 games on the ps3..... What the fuck has he been smoking? He was a patent of the original ps3 in its programming interface, YET HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY IS.

Also Yoshi, I heard Splatoon uses a motion control camera, so I would pass on that. I am not using any of the Nintendo gimmicks in my game.
Did he find a fortune telling machine when he was 10 years old and make a wish to be grown up? Because he must be a 10 year old in a mans body like Tom Hanks in Big. That's the only explanation I have for this.

That's the thing, my dad feels as if he needs to be praised as a god and thinks that all his opinions are correct and I have to agree along with him "because I am a part of him". He apparently cannot take criticism and goes apeshit mad whenever I do so, and says that I am evil for trying to prove him wrong. He also uses huge vocabulary "which begs the solution that he is always right".

You need to turn 18 in a hurry and GTFO out of that house. I will be blunt. Sounds like a childish idiot. Either some mental issues or just a stubborn ass. Not even talking about video games here. Those kind of attitudes are toxic in a household. I know. As for games. I think you said you were 15? You can get a job. Earn some cash save up for whatever. Structure in a job setting is important to learn at that age.

I agree. It may be prudent to track down and secure your personal and banking information (birth certificate, passport, etc) in case he starts making it impossible to live at home. At the bare minimum having a job will provide you with some financial independence so you can purchase your own consoles and such. But be careful if he's the kind of person that thinks he has the right to all your money and stuff.

You know you can turn off motion controls on Splatoon, right? Though in all honesty, I like the gyro controls. They make the game feel more fluid and you can adjust your aim very easily where otherwise you couldn't.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back