Favorite Game Boy game

Discussion in 'Game Boy' started by Sizzle, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Sizzle

Sizzle New Member

My favorite game had to be Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow, hands down. I spent a huge part of my childhood playing Pokemon games on my Game Boy.
    I remember there were always so many glitches in the game, like for example Missingno and the item dupe, which allowed me to get all my Pokemon to level 100.
    What was your favorite Game Boy game?

2. Sandara

Sandara New Member

Playing:
    Wii
    My favorite Pokemon game would be all the Pokemon games! I basically had all Pokemon games plus a couple of Mario games. I would remember I spend so much time on Pokemon red trying to beat the game! Also on Pokemon Emerald with the battle fronteir. I never manage to beat the game but I had lots of fun trying. The memories all come back to me now. Wish I could relive the memory like I had long time ago.

3. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Playing:
    Wii U
    Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2

Jacob likes this.
  4. Professor E. Gadd

Professor E. Gadd Active Member

Playing:
    Wii U
    I think that was after GB/GBC :)

I have many favorites, but one of them is Mario Tennis! It was so bizarre to me that they could make an RPG out of a tennis game and put Mario in it. Really engaging gameplay, loved that game.

5. BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie Member

Pennsylvania USA
    Playing:
    Nintendo 64
    My favorite was the original Pokemon, I spent soooooooooo many hours playing that game. It was my childhood, it was amazing.

6. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Playing:
    Wii U
    Yes. :)

7. Medza

Medza New Member

Playing:
    Super NES
    The Pokemon games and Tetris were always fun, but I think that Paperboy doesn't get enough credit. It's really fun.

8. Mournblade

Mournblade New Member

I really liked Donkey Kong, it was a great revisit to the Arcade version. Giving mario flips, special jumps, the ability to throw things, puzzles; it was just an amazing game for the gameboy. If I revisit any GB/GBA game, it is always either Donkey Kong or Mario Land 2. I cannot tell you how many times I beat those games...

9. BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie Member

Pennsylvania USA
    Playing:
    Nintendo 64
    I forgot about Donkey Kong for the GB,, it was really fun, and I still have it in my GB case, I might just go back and play it :)

10. Lawnachaun

Lawnachaun New Member

California
    Playing:
    Wii U
    Favorite Gameboy game, huh... Well, I'll leave out Gameboy Color games then.. So, my favorites would be..

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
    Metroid 2: Return of Samus
    Tetris
    Super Mario Land
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan

Those were the 5 that I played the most, out of the games that I had. I didn't have a huge library of games for the Gameboy. I was dependent upon either my parents buying me new games, or, borrowing games from friends. But these were the ones that I owned that I played the most. I had probably 20 Gameboy games in total, that I owned. But my friends had different games too, and we would borrow each others games here and there.

Link's Awakening ans Super Mario Land have some of my favorite ending music. I liked Tetris's music too. But I would beat Link's Awakening and Super Mario Land, just for the music. I once put brand new batteries into Super Mario Land, beat the game, and just let it sit and play the music, nonstop, until the batteries died, as I did my homework to the music.

Super Mario Land Ending Theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu7qb5ETYcY&feature=player_detailpage

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Ending Theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtGrBQuNy8s&feature=player_detailpage

aboleth_lich likes this.
  11. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Active Member

Playing:
    NES
    I enjoyed everything about the Mega Man series. I thought that was perfect for the console. Mega Man V was particularly good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW000uogNkc

12. averus

averus Member

Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina
    Playing:
    NES
    I only played 5 or 6 games on the gameboy.
    My favorite was MegaMan, it was really an awesome game.

I also liked Mortal Kombat :)

Oh my, can't believe I forgot to mention my all-time favorite game on the Gameboy - Darkwing Duck!!! :eek:

I loved that game!!!

13. pandandesign

pandandesign New Member

USA
    Playing:
    Nintendo 3DS
    I would say Pokemon Yellow is one of my favorite games for Gameboy. I remember I used to stay up late at night playing Pokemon Yellow, which I ended up finishing the game in one week. I like the gameplay and really enjoyed the way it battled against other Pokemon. I played the game twice, and liked it more the second time I played.

14. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Active Member

Playing:
    NES
    Let's...get...DANGEROUS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sFrvTMAKXBA
    I completely forgot about that one! There were a few times when Disney surprised me with their games. NES had a lot of great Disney games as well as SNES. Gameboy held on to that trend for a minute or two.

averus likes this.
  15. hoodoowytch

hoodoowytch New Member

Somewhere in the U.S.
    Playing:
    Wii
    I have one of the Gameboy Advance's, but I have never used for anything other than a 'tingle tuner' for Wind Waker. I have no idea what the game cartriges look like. ( My nephew gave it to me to use as a 'tingle tuner' for WindWaker.) I assume there is a Zelda game for it?

16. Wick99

Wick99 Member

Playing:
    Game Boy Advance
    Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. I love that game a ton and still play it. Unfortunately the battery in the cartridge is old and it doesn't save when I turn my GBA off so I have to start over and beat it all in one go every time.

17. aboleth_lich

aboleth_lich Active Member

Playing:
    Super NES
    My top five favourite Game Boy games are:

1) The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

2) Wario Land

3) Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

4) Metroid II: The Return of Samus

5) Bomberman II

Oddly enough, four sequels and a spin-off! (Sequels seem to work out better for video games than for film franchises!)

18. averus

averus Member

Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina
    Playing:
    NES
    That youtube clip brings back so many memories... I really loved that game, couldn't get enough of it :D
    It's the only game besides Mario Bros which I've continued playing even after I beat it :D

19. Edware

Edware New Member

Playing:
    Nintendo 3DS
    Easily Pokemon Blue and Yellow. Those were pretty much the only Game Boy games I ever played despite me owning a few other titles. I also really liked Pokemon Pinball on the Game Boy, but that's also a Pokemon game lol.

yeppeo likes this.
  20. Master Heracross

Master Heracross New Member

Johto
    Playing:
    Nintendo 3DS
    Gen 2 Pokémon games for me.