Games you want to see on the Wii U

pigeon_small

What are some ideas for games you would like to see on this new console? Doesn't matter if it is first or third party only what sounds good to you.

I'd like a Jet Set Radio game to be honest. A new one not an HD remake or any of that silliness. I think the Wii would work well with the spray can mechanic in the game.

And like I might have mentioned someplace else I totally want a new StarFox. I'm tired of Mario and Zelda. But I will take a new kart racer. I love kart racer games.

I would really love a Kid Icarus game, I am getting It for the 3ds because I love the series. I would also love to se a completely new character made by Nintendo, preferably in a 2d platform game.

I think a game like Resident Evil Revelations that was on the 3DS and has some good gameplay mechanics could easily be done on the Wii-U. I'm happy it's coming to the PS3 but at the same time it's not a game worth paying $49.99 for when you already paid $49.99 for the 3DS version not even a year ago. I would say it'd be best keeping that title a Wii-U/3DS exclusive and perhaps intergrate the two so you can play with someone who's on the 3DS while you're on the Wii-U. I think that'd be pretty nifty to be honest.

Although an extremely cool idea, I seriously doubt this will ever be implemented due to how hard it would be to make cross-platform multiplayer on two so different machines. Maybe in the (not too far) future. :)

I don't thnk it'd be all that hard. PS3 and Vita do it now. Why couldn't the Nintendo Wii-U and 3DS do the same thing? :)

I would love to see some Pokemon games on the Wii U. I think they'd be extremely popular if they did it properly. A new Pokemon Stadium, a new Pokemon Snap (of course with more Pokemon, and they could possibly make it free-roam instead of on a track like the original) and an open world RPG similar to Ni no Kuni, Final Fantasy, etc. That'd be a blast :)

pigeon_small said:
What are some ideas for games you would like to see on this new console? Doesn't matter if it is first or third party only what sounds good to you.

I'd like a Jet Set Radio game to be honest. A new one not an HD remake or any of that silliness. I think the Wii would work well with the spray can mechanic in the game.

And like I might have mentioned someplace else I totally want a new StarFox. I'm tired of Mario and Zelda. But I will take a new kart racer. I love kart racer games.
I love Sega games, so I agree with you about Jet Set Radio. I'm also dying for someone to finish Shenmue.
In the Wii game Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing, I was glad to see Ryo Hazuki and his forklift. That dude's game ended on such a cliffhanger. Yu Suzuki had a bunch of episodes planned for Shenmue, so the second game ended on a cliffhanger and then no more sequels of the game were made. It's been 10 or 11 years since Shenmue 2, Ryo's father's killer still hasn't been caught and we never found out why Lan Di wanted the dragon and phoenix mirrors bad enough to kill people for them.
And we don't know if Ryo ever sees his girlfriend again or gets home alive after chasing after all those yakuza and triad d-bags in 2 different countries.

If there wasn't any money to make a third game, you would think they would at least make a little animated webisode to wrap up the ending. So I'd like to see another Jet Set Radio, another Shenmue, even a new Space Channel 5 or Crazy Taxi would be fun.

Smokey said:
I don't thnk it'd be all that hard. PS3 and Vita do it now. Why couldn't the Nintendo Wii-U and 3DS do the same thing? :)
I actually had no idea about that. But doesn't that just bottleneck the higher end console?

It's actually been confirmed that wwe 13 is not going to be releases on the Wii U, due to THQ, the game makers, not knowing how well the game would sell on the new console. I think that based on previous wwe games on other consoles, the game would do well on this console too. As a fan of previous wwe games, I know that any die hard wrestling gaming fan will buy wwe games on any console. So, for future releases, I would like to see WWE releases. Only 6 wrestlers at a time were confirmed for the console before they axed the release, so in the future I would like to see up to 8 wrestlers in the ring at once, as this would spice up the hell in a cell matches and elimination chamber matches.

I'd like to see PSO2 on the Wii U actually. I think the use of the touchpad to navigate menus or items and such would be pretty neat! it'd also make typing easier IMHO. :) It seems like the kinda game that would just so really realy well on the Wii-U. :)

Well I'd like another 'killer instinct'.
Killer instinct Gold in the N64 was the rawest fighting game I've ever played with ridiculous 100 hit combos and all sorts, it was brutal! If love to have another one on a next gen console. Not sure who would dev it though as RARE don't exist anymore I don't think :( ?

It would be great if they came up with a new Pokémon game especially developed for the Wii U technology, it could be a game like Pokémon Snap for the N64, where you get to explore the Pokémon world and take pictures of Pokémon. It doesn't need to be the average Pokémon battling games, here you could be a studier of Pokémon who wants to fill his Pokédex, and you'd have to look for every creature to get it's data. Then it could have a sort of "Where's Waldo?" twist, where you need to find certain strage Pokémon like a Slowpoke carrying an apple on it's head... etc.

I'd love to see an updated 2D version of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night or something similar. I think I've had enough 3D third person RPGs for a while and I am really longing for something simpler. If they would make a bunch of nice 2D side scrollers on the Wii-U I'd definitely praise it a lot more, and I even think it would give them an added edge over the other consoles that only offer 3D games that focus only on graphics.

Valentino said:
I would love to see some Pokemon games on the Wii U. I think they'd be extremely popular if they did it properly. A new Pokemon Stadium, a new Pokemon Snap (of course with more Pokemon, and they could possibly make it free-roam instead of on a track like the original) and an open world RPG similar to Ni no Kuni, Final Fantasy, etc. That'd be a blast :)
I definetely agree to this. It would be amazing if the Wii U had some Pokémon games using the new technology. I really liked Poképark for the Wii, but even though the maps were big and there were tons of Pokémon to interact with, the gameplay felt kind of silly and there wasn't really much to it. So yeah, a new Pokémon Stadium or just a Pokémon battle game would be amazing. And most of all, a new Pokémon Snap were you not only take pictures of Pokémon, but also gather data about them to help Oak, Elm or whoever with the Pokédex, would more or less force me to get a Wii U as soon as the game is released.

I would definately want to see Grand Theft Auto V. I'm addicted to the GTA series and would love to play it on this platform and enjoy it.

I would love a Majora's Mask remake for the Wii U. I haven't played the original Majora's Mask but I would really like to. I think it would be far more exciting on the Wii U, especially with HD graphics. From what I've heard of it, it's a great Zelda game. I thoroughly enjoyed Skyward sword and I'm looking forward to Wind Waker as well. Later on, however, I hope they make Majora's Mask.

I really would like to see some third party support such as maybe a new Fallout game or Elder Scrolls, along with Grand Theft Auto V! As for Nintendo franchises, I know it's cliche but I really cannot wait for Super Smash Bros. Wii U to come out! I'm sure it'll be great and hopefully it will be more like Melee than Brawl. And I also think that it would be cool to see another iteration of Pokemon Snap on the Wii U, because I think the Game Pad would function perfectly as a camera!

I would love to see a new Super Smash Bros on the Wii-U. With the third party developer titles on the Wii-U now you may be able to
K.O an assassin with Yoshi (which would be very funny to see). I'm guessing if they did make one though they would stick to the
classic Nintendo character favourites but they might try and add other characters, such as Snake in the Wii version.

I do think a Pokemon game would be great. I've always wanted to see a game along the lines of Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum but closer in gameplay to the handheld Pokemon games. It would be an RPG-style adventure game, and could be turn-based just like the handheld games (except in 3D). Then you could basically follow the path of the handheld games, going to gyms and eventually the Elite 4. I think the technology has finally caught up with the idea and I'd like to see it happen.

Latest threads

Back