Hi ! Bonjour

senki

Playing
Super NES
Hello, I'm a French 32yo gamer. I've been playing on Nintendo hardware since very long (but I didn't start early like most of people, I started play games when I was like 10yo). I also played on SEGA systems, Sony, Microsoft, etc etc. I'm absolutly against consoles wars, video games are based on fun and if someone is having fun with games that I don't like, good for him/her.

Well since this forum is about Nintendo I'll focus on them soon but first I introduce my current "gaming situation". :p
I've always been playing on all (or most of) systems from all brands (PS1/2/3/4, Xbox/360/XO, Saturn, Dreamcast, etc). I recently sold my Xbox One and PS4 since I don't enjoy playing on them anymore, to me there's no enough exclusives to justify owning them. I don't like Halo anymore, don't like Uncharted, Media Mollecule games, Quantic Dream, God of War, Forza, Gran Turismo... The reason why I owned those consoles were for the exclusives (Resident Evil games, Silent Hill, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Tales of, etc) and since now all those games come out on PC, I decided to have just a PC + a Wii U. Games on consoles are too expensive, I know I won't be able to play them on next gen since there's no backward compatibility (or at least not full/not good)... On PC I can still play Half Life 1 or 2, Doom, the first Tomb Raider or whatever old game. Also I wasn't a fan of PC gaming before because I couldn't use a controller or plug that easily on a TV... And recently playing with a game controller on PC and pluging in on TV is very easy... So... The result of this equation is that I don't need so much owning a PS4/XO.

So, that said, let's come to Nintendo!
I currently own a Wii U and a New 3DS XL. On Wii U I play games like Bayonetta 1 & 2, Yoshi's WW, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong, Mario Maker. I don't have Splatoon but I plan to take it eventualy, I loved the demo. On 3DS I have a lot of games. I play mostly plateformers, adventure and RPG games. I also love survival horror games but on Nintendo consoles it's rare, I'm really looking forward to play Project Zero (Fatal Frame in USA?) 5!

Games I'm looking forward on Wii U are Fatal Frame 5, Xenoblade X, Starfox Zero and Zelda (if it still comes out on Wii U...). :) On 3DS I'm looking for Zero Escape 3, SMT IV Final, Fire Emblem, Zelda Tri Force something, Yokai Watch but I doubt I'll like it (I don't like Pokémon).

What else can I say... Oh the Nintendo systems I owned are: GameBoy fat, Super Nintendo, N64, GBA, GB Micro, GameCube, DS fat, DS lite, 3DS, 3DS XL, N3DS XL, Wii U. My favorites are Super NES, GC, N64... Well in fact all of them.

I am really really looking forward to the NX.

PS: Sorry if my English is average, it's not my mother language. :)

It's always exciting to have an old school Nintendo gamer join us. Welcome to the Nintendo Forums!

Welcome, friend!
Always nice to have a veteran Nintendo gamer on board. Excellent English as well, or at least it strikes me as such... it's not my native language either. ;)

Thanks to all of you. :) I'm not that veteran since I've never owned the original NES... :p But I played it a lot at a friend home (my parents didn't want me to have video games at that time). :p Also I played the Virtual Boy (without having any headache... :eek: ).

I'm also glad to find forums talking about Nintendo, without being full of 12/15yo persons. :) I'm of course not against young people, but there's of course a generation gap so sometimes it's not easy to understand each other. :D

welcome, you're going to get along great here. We have a lot in common. Im from deep south Louisiana (USA) so I promise your English is better than mine!

Ahah thanks! Good to know that we have a lot in common. :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back