HORI vs Orzly Carry Case

Cool! -I wish I had seen this one when I was telling you about these two on the other thread. (It's nice to be able to see what they're both actually like inside, rather than just what I could fathom from the Amazon pictures, so thanks for posting this!) I hadn't actually ordered mine yet back when I was telling you about maybe getting both of these to see which one I liked better, but after seeing this I probably won't need to bother wasting my money on the Hori version now. I had a feeling that the Orzly one looked like it would fit more stuff, but this video confirms it, and it looks much better padded too! Thanks mate!

Yeah, the Zelda cases are all gorgeous as hell! Have ordered a few of them (even though I don't really need all those, because, hey, it's Zelda!) However, with my Zelda ones, I like the way they look so much that I don't want to mess up the design on them. So I'm basically gonna be using all my Zelda cases to store all my amiibos in at home (as I'm running out of where to put them, so this kind of solves two problems, as it allows me to spoil myself on all the fun Zelda design cases I wouldn't have otherwise actually needed for my actual Switch, and then I just got the plain black Orzly one for actually carrying around with me places, as that way I don't have to worry about the patterns coming off, and they're roughly the same size as the fun Zelda ones anyhow. The Hori one seems way too thin to be able to store all I need in it, so not really an option if you want to bring a proper charger with you. (I initially wanted to just bring a TypeC cable with me, but the trouble with those is while they will power the switch if it still has battery, they won't actually recharge it while you're playing, because it doesn't carry enough power. So the only way to do that is to bring the actual proper Nintendo charger with me in the case, as so far it's the only thing that is capable of charging it properly for heavy duty use when on the go. And so far only the Zelda ones and the Orzly ones have enough space inside them in order to bring that due to the size of the plug. Most of the others I've seen are either too thin, or they have that weird design where you have to take the joycons off first, so you don't have enough space left inside the pocket.

yea i agree its not that much in stores its 29.99 at target it includes 2 screen protectors, two thumbstick covers(i didnt use those) headphones that sound decent not great but decent, cleaning cloth x2, the hard case, grips for the joycan that actually feel good to me, and 2 micro sd memory card cases, and 2 game cases that hold 6 games each, plus the case holds a bunch of games and accesories. its really not a bad deal, right now people have jacked the price up on amazon and ebay for them.

I'm dying to get the switch. I'm low on income. My YouTube videos are not getting that much views. And I haven't sold an ad space on my website in 4 months.

yea i agree its not that much in stores its 29.99 at target it includes 2 screen protectors, two thumbstick covers(i didnt use those) headphones that sound decent not great but decent, cleaning cloth x2, the hard case, grips for the joycan that actually feel good to me, and 2 micro sd memory card cases, and 2 game cases that hold 6 games each, plus the case holds a bunch of games and accesories. its really not a bad deal, right now people have jacked the price up on amazon and ebay for them.
fair enough - I am still very happy with my Orzly purchase!

Yeah me too! I should point out though, that while the joycon grip does fit like the guy in the video shows, I wouldn't actually recommend doing that with it, as my own personal experience with trying what he tried with this case is that while it does close just about with a joycon grip inside there, doing that makes it so tight that I think the pressure would do serious damage to the screen if done too often. So I disagree with his theory that a pro controller might fit in there. I haven't got my pro controller yet, but I'm pretty sure it's bigger than the joycon grip. I would never want to bring a joycon grip with me anyway though, so this really isn't an issue. But t definitely fits way more other stuff comfortably in the top pocket than any of the other ones I've seen, so definitely still prefer it to everything else I've tried!

No, me neither. (Have ordered one for home, but I never play in separate controller mode when out and about anyway). When playing with the JoyCons, my favorite experience is playing it with both JoyCons attached to the tablet. (feels just like a WiiU then, only without the thing disconnecting when you move away from the TV) Also, if you're sitting on a bus, plane, or train, it';s not so practical to have the JoyCons separate, because the stand when separate can rock about too much on the table in front of you (and can fall off if there are any sudden stops), whereas when you're holding it like a GamePad, you don't face any of those problems. You can even continue playing continuously without having to pack everything away when you reach your stop. (as you can just get up at the right time and play seamlessly whilst you're still holding it).

UPDATE: forgot to tell you, all my Zelda Sheikah Eye cases finally came this week!! I'm gutted though! (As I was telling you in one of my previous posts, my original plan was to use the Orzly case for my actual switch and store my amiibos in the Zelda cases), but just thought I should warn people in case they read my previous post, that after having tried to do it, the Zelda cases definitely WON'T FIT AMIIBOS IN!! (not even without a switch in it). Love the artwork on the cases though, just I'm going to have to think up another use for them. While the Orzly case will fit amiibos in without a switch in it (except the guardian amiibo which is way too big), I'm using that for my actual switch, so I need a new plan B for amiibos. (not so worried though, as I don't actually need a place to store them, it was more just to have a practical reason to buy the Zelda cases I loved the look of so much, which I now no longer do, ...and silly me, I bought all four of them aswell!) DOH!!! Still think they're beautiful though, and the cartridge cases that came free with them are pretty good though. But racking my brains now as to what I'm actually going to use the actual main console case parts of them now, so back to the drawing board for those ones I guess!

I hear there are new yellow joycons being released for the switch in june, so that may potentially give me something to use one of them for. (not sure whether I really need that many joycons yet though, and even better colors may come out later even if I do, so we'll see!) Any ideas?

Have you got the amazon links for it so that we can see what it looks like?

Looks like all his posts have completely vanished now, so whatever you did, it did the trick. ;)
(was a bit of an odd spam aswell, -He was telling people to buy his stuff, and didn't even show people what it is, so not so sure he really thought that one through) lol.

Come on! Why would someone name a case that! Japanese or not! Well anyways I clicked this forum right when I got out of bed, my eyes were kind of blurry still and I was having trouble reading. I clicked it thinking it said "Koriand'r", we all know who that is. I was unpleasantly surprised with this though...

Sorry mate, you've lost me! Maybe I'm just dumb, but until you mentioned it, I actually had no idea who Koriand'r is (but just looked it up to see what it was I wasn't getting, but still not sure I understand the reference in regards to a japanese case seller). Care to enlighten me, I'm confused (don't worry, it doesn't take much!) lol.

Yep, that's pretty much what I was thinking when I read it. Apparently though when spelt with a K and a weird apostrophe like that, it's some hot lookin' cartoon character (or videogame character) but apparently we were all supposed to know that. I must confess though, I totally didn't! So glad it's not just me that didn't get the reference.

Latest threads

Back