If you could revive one 'forgotten' franchise, what would it be?

Hands down, I'm going to have to go with the F-Zero franchise. The last non-arcade version we had was on the Gamecube, and we're in need of a good, high octane racer. Nothing can quite compare to the speeds of that series, and if they were to just make GX but faster, I'd love it.

Advance Wars definitely! I love strategy type games like these I wish we had more like it! Also, playing this game with your friends is really fun and can actually be balanced unlike other games of this genre.

I wish someone would make a Reboot of Oni, and create a good franchise of it.
It was an awesome game, and I think it would be very playable on various consoles and the PC :)

oni_bungie_games_high_quality_pistols_girl_desktop_1600x1200_free-wallpaper-9039.jpg

I say bring back Golden Sun with next gen graphics and features. Possibly even add real time combat/turn based combat options similar to Fallout to modernize the series, but that might spoil it for some older fans, while attracting new ones.

Kirby Air Ride! I want a second one for the Wii U. I loved the first one since I got a Gamecube, and I still play it today!

I agree with a lot of the guys here, especially Earthbound, Golden Sun, and Advance Wars.

But most of all, it's gotta be Star Fox, one focused on aerial combat rather than something like Star Fox Adventures. I really miss that classic style of playing the game and hope it returns in the next game of the series.

On my SNES system there was this helicopter game that I used to have alot of fun playing it would be really nice if I couldf see that game be revived.

I personally liked the Maniac Mansion game for the NES as well as Shadowgate, Uninvited, Deja Vu, and Shadowgate 64 - Trial of the Four Towers. I'd be happy to atleast see those as shop downloads but probably never happen.

It was only released in Japan, but Magical Pop'n was a fantastic game for the Super Nintendo. I never understood why it didn't get a North American release. That game had so much charm and encompassed everything you could want out of a side-scroller. It has a female protagonist, simply named Princess, who has to reclaim a stolen gem (like every game of that era). It's sort of a weird mix between Mega Man, Zelda, a little bit of Castlevania, and maybe even Metroid.

The level design is fun and well thought out. The art is cute and charming. It's full of puzzles, discovery, and epic boss battles. Definitely a game I consider a hidden gem. I'm currently teaching my 4 year old niece to get through the different levels and her face lights up every time she plays it. She really loves that the Princess is the one conquering the bad guys. We all had games that did that for us at one point in our lives.

To me, Princess is THE Nintendo Princess...even though she's not technically Nintendo.

She needs an epic comeback. Smash Bros DLC, anyone? She already has a moveset mapped out. (I know it's never going to happen).

Last edited:
Super mario RPG please!!!

One of my favorites from the SNES era. I think it was the first RPG I ever played and I loved it so much. Would love to see the franchise return.
YES! It would be amazing to see another game in this series. If Square and Nintendo could work together again, that would be a beautiful thing.

I'd also love to see another F-Zero game. It wouldn't have to be a racing game, though. I'd be perfectly happy playing as Captain Falcon doing some of that bounty hunting he supposedly does.

An interesting question! My short-list of candidates is as follows:

1) Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross: Chrono Trigger is my favourite RPG of all time, on the SNES or otherwise. (And I could write a lengthy post explaining why, but it would a bit of a digression.) It would be great if Square made another, current generation sequel that managed to recapture the original's broad, epic time-travelling RPG magic!

chrono_trigger__snes___steam__by_aemony-d55akvs.png

2) Crystalis (AKA God-Slayer): Another one of my all time favourite fantasy games (closer to The Legend of Zelda than a Square RPG), and my favourite NES game period! I would absolutely love to see either a modern reboot and/or sequel!

3) Blaster Master: Another classic NES gem that deserves a modern reboot and/or sequel!

256px-Crystalisboxart.jpg
Blaster_Master_boxart.jpg

Given time, I'm sure I could think of several other great long neglected series worthy of being revisited--but these are the three games that immediately came to my mind! :)

An interesting question! My short-list of candidates is as follows:

1) Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross: Chrono Trigger is my favourite RPG of all time, on the SNES or otherwise. (And I could write a lengthy post explaining why, but it would a bit of a digression.) It would be great if Square made another, current generation sequel that managed to recapture the original's broad, epic time-travelling RPG magic!

Next year is the 20 year anniversary of Chrono Trigger. Really hoping that Square uses it to announce a new game!

I think if I could revive one forgotten franchise it would be Twisted Metal. I just had a lot of fun playing that game when I was younger and I would love to see all that they do with the series on the PS4/Xbox One. I hear that Sweet Tooth is suppose to be a console exclusive character in Mortal Kombat X, but that's just speculation.

Without a shadow of a doubt, F-Zero. It's my favorite racing series of all time (and F-Zero GX is my favorite racer of all time). I think there's plenty they could do it with it, even if they just basically remade F-Zero GX with prettier graphics it'd be fine with me.

I would definitely revive Metroid. Recently, the series had not gained good spotlight. Most of the games that were recently made were unfinished and over-hyped. If Nintendo could successfully revive Metroid, then that could potentially bring more sales for the Wii U. I enjoyed the original game as a kid, and it would be really cool if I could play the game that I've always loved. For me, Metroid was the first game that I ever played that had such a big plot twist: Samus actually being a girl. I want to experience that again!

Well, Star Fox will be receiving an update so at least we know that Nintendo has not forgotten about it. I would love to see a new F-Zero title appear on the Wii U. Unfortunately, we have heard absolutely nothing or seen any moves by Nintendo that would point to such a release. I would also love to see a new update to the Advanced Wars, that strategy series is awesome and should not linger in obscurity.

I'd like to see BloodRayne make a comeback. It was a hack-and-slash game that came out on the GameCube where you get to play a hot female half vampire that kills a bunch of Nazis using these long swords attached to her arms. It was pretty fun.

Latest threads

Back