Is Wii U a toy?

I agree, especially when we will become the older generation :')

Any console or PC could be conceived as a "toy", in reality it is whatever you want it to be. Why listen to others trying to bring down something you enjoy? If you have fun with it who cares?

Well I did get a good laugh from this, and I think it is funny to consider the age differences of people who call it a toy. It is mainly the older generation, and people who do not play much and never really did. I think that we can all see why they say that, though, and it is really how they see the things. In some sense too they are correct, but of course I think of toys as little trinkets, and anything over 50 dollars probably is in another category. Interesting stuff, and thanks for sharing.

I also think that we should not percieve 'toy' as a negative word. I have a drawer full of toys that I appreciate and play with almost every day! So call the Wii U a toy, it's an object that I play with that brings me joy and so it is a toy by definition. If we embrace the term then the haters can't use it to insult us...

Of course they are toys, and what is wrong with that? I don't see why it's such a taboo. Maybe if they rebadged it as something else people wouldn't be so uptight about it.

Of course they are toys, and what is wrong with that? I don't see why it's such a taboo. Maybe if they rebadged it as something else people wouldn't be so uptight about it.

It is all a matter of perception when you get down to it, so you are right. We should not be so worried about what it is considered or anything like that and just enjoy the thing. So what if adult like a certain toy. I would say a boat is a toy too, to a certain degree and in the way that some people buy them.

@rz3300 I most certainly agree, just because something has a hefty price tag doesn't meant that it stops being a toy. It's not as if they need that boat to make a living or take them somewhere.

Latest threads

Back