It turns out that I am a Video Game addict

GamePayne

Playing
NES
I went to two retro video game stores today and 1 GameStop. I bought 80 bucks worth of games today. Yesterday I went to one retro store and spent 24 bucks on video games. I need help. I can't stop buying and playing video games. is there a addiction place for me to go so I can get some help?

Probably not the Humble Bundle store. You can get everything in this weeks bundle for $15 - and that includes Civ 5 and Battleborn.

I am also. Al my shirts is gaming. I wear a Ness hat. Gaming takes up my entire apt. With framed pics on the walls and a Retro game room and a Modern game room. My Shower curtain is Aperture Science. Big stack of VG OST's Every month I just load up on more games. Still it feels like being in pleasure dome. Feels so good.

@NintendoTech its ok. Like i tell people that hate on me: I could be out at bars spending 200$ a night but I'm home behaving for the most part. Plus my wife is an enabler. She lets me keep my extensive collection in the living room which consists of many amiibo, a few CM Punk toys, a bunch of My Little Pony plushes,(yes they're mine!), Kirby plush and a good size Link toy.

Phew, well the first step is admitting right?

I can't stop. I just went to the same retro game store twice in one day today. I spent 74 bucks on 1 Atari 5200 game, 2 SNES games, 2 N64 games, and one Wii game that I never heard of before. maybe I can get my money back if I do let's plays of all of my games.

I've done worse. You should see how much XBox One stuff I bought this month. I also ordered a computer.

Did you steal money from your half brother that you hate with a passion to get back at him to buy video games and plow his ex girlfriend that broke up with him? I did. I really hate my brother. he is nothing but a drunk and a weed smoker who owes me money in the first place.

Who did his ex say is a better lay?

Well his ex has been paying me money to plow her. We have it on video. since my brother is to poor for a DVD player. We are going to give it to him on Betamax. lol The video will also show us playing Nintendo. lol

To some extent I think every gamer is addicted to gaming to varying degrees. I'm sure we've all had a bit of spare cash at one point or another and thought what game can we buy with it, even if there aren't any games actually out that we want. We end up wasting it on a game that we know that we're only going to play a couple of times, just because we like the feeling that we've bought a new game. That's a kind of addiction right?

Everyone collects something. My stepmom collects teddy bears, my stepsister collects clothes, and my stepbrother collects sticks. Bloody sticks. He'd be a golden retriever if he wasn't so useless.

Last edited:
To some extent I think every gamer is addicted to gaming to varying degrees. I'm sure we've all had a bit of spare cash at one point or another and thought what game can we buy with it, even if there aren't any games actually out that we want. We end up wasting it on a game that we know that we're only going to play a couple of times, just because we like the feeling that we've bought a new game. That's a kind of addiction right?
yes! thats why i bought Metroid Prime Trilogy just to let sit on my screen? But it was on SALE!!!

Everyone collects something. My stepmom collects teddy bears, my stepsister collects clothes, and my stepbrother collects sticks. Bloody sticks. He'd be a golden retriever if he wasn't so useless.

I once new a guy that collected memory sticks. I can kind of see the attraction there (maybe) but just normal everyday sticks I'm not sure I can get my head around that one, haha! As you say though, I think everyone will have a hobby or pastime that they enjoy doing, and if a person want's to collect games then they aren't doing anybody any harm and even if it is an addiction, it's not one that is harmful in any way. Unless of course your spending your rent and bill money on them, and then maybe it needs to be addressed of course!

I did the same thing. I bout a Dreameye,Rent a Hero No 1,Zombie Revenge,House of the Dead 2,Dreamcast Light Gun,DC VGA cables and a VGA to HD box this week.

I just went back to the Retro Video game store yesterday. and bought Pac-Man Adventures 2 and NBA Jam for the SNES. The owner of the store has been giving me discounts since I'm there almost every day if not 3 times a day.

Last edited:
When I first started gaming a few years ago no, in my city we had quite a few independant game stores that we could go to and everyone got to know the owners and we also got discounts like you have mentioned @NintendoTech. Sadly them times have gone where I live and it doesn't matter ho often your in the stores these days, you very rarely get a loyalty discount or anything like that, and maybe that's one of the reasons I only buy games and accessories as and when I need them now.

I think I might have you beat in game buying - all the games I listed in my other thread (except for Picross 3D) are digital purchase, and I paid full price for the vast majority of my Nintendo games.

Latest threads

Back