New Legend of Zelda game for the Wii U

hoodoowytch

From
Somewhere in the U.S.
Playing
Wii
I am wondering if there is a new Legend of Zelda for the Wii U yet? If not does anyone know if they are coming out with one anytime soon? Just wondering because I haven't gotten a Wii U as of yet because of the seemingly lackadaisical reception the Wii U seems to have gotten. Don't want to drop money on a buggy system, but I am a LoZ freak! LOL

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/zelda-wii-u-info-coming-at-e3-2014

^ This might help you out. Also, ever heard of the game Hyrule Warriors? I don't think that'll just be an amazing spin off to the Zelda series. I do believe the image of Link in that game is possibly close to what he'll be like in this new Zelda for Wii U. Cape and all. That could just be my opinion though~

Also, the Wii U's bugs have all been worked out. I don't think that's been a real issue for some time. And I know the Wii U has had a really slow start in fame and excitement, but I do believe its on its way to being just like the 3DS. A lot of these future games that we're hearing about are pretty exciting. Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros., Hyrule Warriors, Wonderful 101 (which is already out), and a new Zelda. Investing in one wouldn't be too bad of an idea sometime in the near future if any of the games listed above tickle your fancy.

Thanks Shiiku! I am a HUGE LoZ fan and they always tickle my fancy. LOL Hmmm...then I will look into getting a Wii U some time in the near future. Nice to know that they have got the bugs worked out and maybe Nintendo is bouncing back from the bad reception the Wii U got.

Yeah for now we just have Hyrule Warriors, which they've said a while ago is certainly not the real new Zelda game, which we're still waiting on news of. But they have confirmed that one is coming up, so keep an eye out over the coming months considering E3 is only a few months away, and that's when they'll most likely announce it.

I might sound a bit thick here, but what is E3? I haven't yet bought a Wii U, simply because I had heard mostly pretty negative reviews about it, but apparently the bugs have been worked out well enough to merit another look. And, since the new Zelda wouldn't play on my Wii, I guess I am going to break down and cough up the bucks for one. LOL

E3 is a big entertainment conference for video games, where all the devs show off their new games and consoles. It's where the biggest announcemets are going to come out, so if there is a Zelda game coming out any time soon, it's most likely where we'll be hearing about it. It usually runs the first weekend or so of July if I remember right, but it might be June.

Oooooh! Ok! Now that sounds freakin' cool! Where is it they are holding this E3 thingie? If I can I wouldn't mind going and experiencing somthing like this. ;)

Hopefully they announce that a new Zelda game will come out sometime this year. I am on the fence about picking up Hyrule Warriors and I am waiting on E3 for more information on the game. I bought a Wii U recently specifically for Zelda.

Not yet, but hopefully within the year! Hyrule Warriors doesn't really count as a LoZ game, it's basically just Dynasty Warriors with Zelda characters.

awww snap! i just saw the video for the new Zelda wii u, it looks amazing of course. 2015 it said

I bet a lot of people purchased the system for the new Zelda game. I am unfamiliar with the library of the system though.

They show new Zelda at E3 and it look like fucking sex! :oops:

It will be open world like Skyram but not shit like Skyram because it have Link in it and Link is the fucking BEST! :D

It looks pretty awesome. It's going to be open world and stuff. I gotta get a wii u soon!

If this interview with Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma is to be believed, the Wii U Legend of Zelda game will feature an over-world roughly the size of Kyoto! Kyoto is approximately 320,000 square miles! (To make a comparison and get a sense of just how large that is by video game standards, Grand Theft Auto V's city of Los Santos is approximately 100,000 square miles!)

The Legend of Zelda games have always featured impressively large and varied (for their time) Hyrulian over-worlds that the player can explore non-linearly at their leisure. As such, to hear that the latest game will feature such an impressively large area isn't too surprising, despite being a bit of a feat in terms of game capabilities!

However, how this area will be used is critical: It'll have to feature a sufficient number of varied enemies, hidden treasures, and puzzles to keep treks across the every-growing Hyrulian landscape fresh and engaging rather than feeling like a series of unremarkable road trips from dungeon to dungeon! Quality is even more important than mere quantity!

Most of the Zelda games have gotten the density of over-world enemies, hidden treasures, etc right thus far though, and as such I'm more than willing to give Nintendo the benefit of doubt that their latest iteration of Hyrule will be another epic, adventurous land befitting the series!

It's going to be very interesting to see how they actually go about making a game over world that is actually the size of a major world city. And remember, that's not even going to include the dungeons which are usually quite a decent size themselves.

Let's just hope that the over world isn't as...empty as other Zelda games have presented us with.

One game magazine I read likened it to Skyrim in its rich open world, which does actually sound exciting. At the very least, I hope it will be a fun departure from what the series has been up to this point. Not that I particularly dislike the series, OoT and Majora are still among of my all-time faves, but variation is always welcome, and open worlds in general.

I'm looking forward to it immensely, It's good to see they aren't staying in the ocarina of time formula anymore.

I'm looking forward to it immensely, It's good to see they aren't staying in the ocarina of time formula anymore.

I know, right? Again, it's not because it's bad, but because it's more or less the same that we've had for the last 20 years. It wouldn't hurt to shake it up a little bit just to see what happens.

I am hoping that there is one because I will tell you that I really love the Zelda series that was on the N64 that was the most fun that I used to have with the console. I really think think if they are to release a Zelda game that they would actually help the sales of the console because as we all know the console has been struggling for some time now

I am hoping that there is one because I will tell you that I really love the Zelda series that was on the N64 that was the most fun that I used to have with the console. I really think think if they are to release a Zelda game that they would actually help the sales of the console because as we all know the console has been struggling for some time now

I fully agree. Mario Kart did a lot of good for the console sales, but if the next LoZ turns out to be as good as it seemed at E3 then that might be the push that Wii U needs to be able to become a top competitor in the console race.

Latest threads

Back