Nintendo Digital Downloads now on Amazon

Hyrule Chicken

From
Canada
Playing
Super NES
I just found out that Nintendo is now selling digital downloads of Wii U and 3DS games through Amazon; there are currently 61 titles available and a bunch of classic games that were only available through the Nintendo Virtual Console (which you can also download for the Wii).

All you have to do to order is go to Nintendo's page on Amazon, purchase a download code and then login to your Nintendo Network Account and redeem it.

I think this is a great idea, and one it gives us another option to purchase games! I'm already eyeing a few on there...

[source]

Yes, it's indeed a good idea as so many people have accounts with Amazon. This will undoubtedly help to increase sales of Nintendo's digital downloads. If only they had the foresight to do this sooner and hopefully the other console manufactures will follow in their footsteps. I've always believed that it should be easy and convenient to purchase downloadable games and other content, that's why I'm all for this.

That's interesting. I know that you can do that with the other two consoles so it's cool to see Nintendo catch up.

This is excellent news! Pretty much everyone has an Amazon account, and this is definitely a step in the right direction to stay competitive with Sony and Microsoft (who already offer this service). I hope this is a success and they keep adding more and more games!

Latest threads

Back