Only one gamepad per system

joshc428

Playing
Wii U
I went over to my friends' house the other day to play some Smash on the Wii U. Neither of us have the Gamecube controller adapter and we don't like using Wii remotes, so I decided to bring my Wii U gamepad to use as a controller. However, it wouldn't connect. We looked it up, and we found out that each Wii U can only have one gamepad connected at a time. Seeing as the gamepad is the primary controller for the Wii U, wouldn't it make sense to allow multiple gamepads to connect? Hopefully Nintendo changes this issue in the near future.

It would definitely be nice, and if they made it so you could buy a game pad individually as well. I feel like they should sell game pads individually for $149.99 or something like those (stupid) xbox one elite controllers.

@GunGunW $150?! LESS THAN THAT! Nobody would buy them for that price. Maybe like $70.

The problem is that I don't think they could sell it for like any less than 100/150 bucks. I mean a standard Xbox One controller is sixty so I have to imagine seventy might be lowballing it considering all it can do.

I think this part of the problem with the Wii U. It's very confusing what gamepads are compatible and which can be used effectively for multi-player purposes. I hope Nintendo learn from this and don't repeat the same mistakes with the upcoming NX. I also hope that they go back to making simple and cool gamepads and avoid making them too gimmicky.

Latest threads

Back