Pre-loaded game question

MarioForever

Playing
Wii U
I bought the digital version of Super Mario Maker and pre-loaded it on my Wii U.

I know the release date is Sep 11th in North America, but I want to know exactly when the game is available for me to play. Like the exact time. Is it midnight eastern Sep 11th? Or because Nintendo's HQ is in Japan, is it midnight Sep 11th in the Japanese time zone?

Perhaps someone else has experienced this already with a Nintendo game in the past?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Every market has its own release date. You will get yours on the U.S. release date, September 11, 2015.

Yeah I know that, but it doesn't really answer my question. I want to know exactly when the game is available for me to play. Like the exact time. Is it midnight eastern Sep 11th? Really, the only people that can answer this is someone who's dealt with a pre-loaded game in the past or someone from Nintendo.

Last edited:
Most of the game is downloaded before the release date (that's why it's called "pre-loading," I guess), and the rest is downloaded at midnight EST, so that you can play it shortly after midnight. At least that's how it worked with Smash Bros:
At the time of pre-purchase, much of the game’s data will be pre-loaded to the purchaser’s Wii U system if it is in Standby mode. As soon as the game releases in the Nintendo eShop at midnight Eastern time on Nov. 21, the final data needed to unlock the full game will automatically download.

So let us know, were you able to play right at midnight? I'm curious now.

I'm really diggin' the anticipation and excitement you have for the game. In my younger days, I definitely was super impatient when it came to game releases and having to wait. Now that I buy my own games, I find that I'm a lot more patient and will often wait for them to go on sale. :p

Regardless, I hope you're enjoying it! :)

Latest threads

Back