Wii U moves into...QOL platform?

JoanMcWench

Playing
NES
Has anyone else heard this announcement from Nintendo in January? Based on what I read, it seems like this is going to be their attempt at platform separate from the video game business. I'm particularly interested in what all that means. Are they planning on creating a platform that is basically a exercise platform with a "non-wearable" device?

Nintendo is not entirely new to health (or quasi-health) products. They had the Electronic Love Tester back in the late 60s, and of course, Wii Fit was hugely successful. They also developed a finger sensor recently that would read your pulse and blood pressure during gameplay, but it never became a product.

Don't forget about the Japanese Love Hotels, where couples can rent a room for the night and play Nintendo and do other busy stuff. CENSORED.

When they develop supported video of doing both these things at the same time, I shall be impressed. Especially if they incorporate the original Nintendo controller. I imagine the fact that it is uncomfortable may be accentuated by these circumstances. What with the...gaming...and all. :wub:

NintendoCosmos said:
Don't forget about the Japanese Love Hotels, where couples can rent a room for the night and play Nintendo and do other busy stuff. CENSORED.

Japan has lots of stuff like this though. :D

I never cared for all the wiifit stuff, I am just a lazy person that wants to play video games.

'Electronic Love Tester' sounds like the kind of euphemism adults try to use for vibrators when they're found by children.

Back