A question about the GameBoy Advance

Rgmeister

Playing
Game Boy Micro
Ok, the thing is I just got my hand on a mint condition Gameboy Mini 20th anniversary edition (JAP) for dirt cheap. But I'm kinda confused if its a re-release model or a part of the original shipped in 2005. Here is the back credentials if anyone could help me out. If anyone could help me out, I'd be so happy. (also a side note, If anyone could tell me the value of such a thing, that would be great haha)

IMG_2665_zpsac8d8h2e.jpg
IMG_2632_zpslulhvls8.jpg

And well let me just take this time to say that I absolutely love this thing. Special edition aside, even just the bright screen, portable size (Lets be honest now, this is true portability) and great shape makes it so fun to carry around everywhere.

As it's my first post here, Hello everyone, and I'm glad there are other people who really love the Gameboy series as much as I do.

EDIT : I just realised that it's not called a GBA Micro, seems a little odd seeing as it plays only GBA games, but well misleading title aside, I guess it isnt too off.

Hello and welcome. It is so good to see someone else who still has a famicom edition gamboymicro! Unfortunately i cannot answer your question. I bought the parts for mine and it looks brand new and in all i only spent $90, which i know is way cheaper than regular. Most people would buy one for about $120 for regular, $180 for famicom. Thats about all i know. Sorry!

Thanks, that's good enough Heigw. I actually bought it for dirt cheap. I went out earlier today looking for a used GBA SP for some casual gaming at a small electronics shop and this clerk is showing me some, but he clearly had no idea about gaming consoles, finally he lifts this gem out of a small compartment, dust and all, mint condition, full boxset and he's like "I have this too", I melted, and got it for the equivalent of about 40$ (Thats in raw currency exchange, in value it'd reckon it'd be like 20$).

Last edited:
These were made after the original run, for Mario's 20th anniversary.

A friend owned a few Gameboy Micros. He bought them when there was a clearance at a store and sold them for a profit. Of course after awhile, the value seemed to depreciate just a bit, and he sold his last one, one that he used and I think also lost the charger to, for $15. I should have bought it.

Edit: Just checked the prices on Ebay. I REALLY should have bought it.

Yeah haha shane! Definitely should have gotten that. Then you could have come to michigan and we play mario cart with our gbm's with my gbm link cable! XD

Haha well good chances are rare to come by. I consider myself godlike lucky right now for having picked this up. But judging from the circumstances, I have a feeling mine was probably stolen from a warehouse illegally sold in my region.

Ah, mine technically isn't even a full gbm! Its parts of a gbm put together to make up the gbm! Some of the parts were shipped from japan, some from canada, some from south america, this gameboy has technically been all around the world! Just not all in one piece XD But if yours is illegal and they find out and try to ask you anything about it, just plead retarded!

Haha well good chances are rare to come by. I consider myself godlike lucky right now for having picked this up. But judging from the circumstances, I have a feeling mine was probably stolen from a warehouse illegally sold in my region.

When you say judging by the circumstances, what exactly are they? Haha! Here in the UK, unless you're offered a device such as this privately, person to person, there's very little chance of getting a stolen one.

Even the second hand stores these days have lists of stolen goods and work closely with the authorities so they don't buy or sell them on, and while that's obviously a good thing, it does mean that there aren't as many bargains around like there once was.

I think that's a really cool Gameboy console and you got it for a pretty good price. If I was you I would be playing so many Pokemon roms well that's all i really wanted to say and congrats on getting a really nice console.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back