Best Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog games

momma2_4bratz

Playing
Wii
My son loves Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog, we have a wii and want to get him a couple games for Christmas that are of his favorite charectors. He is 5 years old but really good at playing video games. I am hoping that some one might help me with which are the best Sonic and Mario games for the Wii that would be good for a kid. I have the olympic games with him and Sonic but I was hoping that I could get some suggestions of Mario games where you go through levels and things like that. Same thing with the Sonic games. I don''t want racing games where they are charectors but where the game is about Mario and other games that are about Mario. If you could possibly give some suggestions and a litte bit of a synopsis of story line and game play that would be great. Thanks in advance

Sonic Colors was good and New Super Mario Bros was great too. Both of them were old school for the most part but with new takes on the inner workings of the games. those two would be your best bet for the original wii. The other wii sonic games were quite bad and there wasn't very many other mario games besides the fantastic Paper Mario. Which is another suggestion.

How about Super Mario Allstars? he'll have 4 games to choose from (the original Super Mario 1, 2, 3, and The Lost Levels.) Those are the games i played at 5 years old. There are also the Super Mario Galaxy games but i found them almost frustratingly difficult. i wouldn't recommend to a young child.

If you had a wii u, then Super Mario 3d World would be the choice. its a little slower paced, colorful and pure fun. My wife and i play it together.(up to 4 can play at the same time.) Good luck

I second Averus. That game was a surprise to anything anyone expected of it. The utilization of the console was there. The fun of gameplay was there. The characters were there. I was impressed. Also, it has both characters. Win for all.

If you don't mind getting a Gamecube Controller and a Gamecube Memory card, I have felt that the best Sonic games are Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. In these games you go through levels playing as Sonic and some other characters too. I loved these games growing up. You run through levels gathering Rings as you go. They are worth looking into!

Any Mario party game will do. Mario Party to me is the most fun that anyone can have playing on the WII console. It is still the top game when I play the WII with my family. Another good one is Mario and Sonic at the Olympics that is one that I have a lot of fun playing too.

Call me traditional but I think that the best Mario game is (and always will be) Super Mario Bros on the Super Nintendo. There's a certain timelessness about it that makes me think that it will never get old and generation after generation will love it. As far a best Sonic game, I will have to say Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is the best. I can remember playing with my older brother and I always had to be Tails. He would constantly leave me stranded until he reached one of those parts where Tails had to carry Sonic for a short distance before he got tuckered out.

Good times!

The best Mario and sonic games ever made are the Olympic ones. I had the Winter Olympics version for my ds and I had so much fun with it.

Sonic Colors was good and New Super Mario Bros was great too. Both of them were old school for the most part but with new takes on the inner workings of the games. those two would be your best bet for the original wii. The other wii sonic games were quite bad and there wasn't very many other mario games besides the fantastic Paper Mario. Which is another suggestion.
Sonic Colors is one the best modern Sonic games in existence. The graphics, gameplay and music are phenomenal and it's truly a must-own title on the Wii. Paper Mario is also great, just a generally well-designed and innovative title. Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 should also be in every Wii owners collection, you just can't go wrong with these two.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back