Castlevania

roydominic33

Playing
Wii
I played this game around 6 years ago, and up to this day I never quite have wrapped my head around as to why I like it. It's an adventure game which can sometimes be very boring but I had endured through it because it gave me some sense of accomplishment to finish. I don't even have much tolerance for series, much like video games and I usually just stop playing a game altogether whenever I feel it has lost its momentum.

What did you think about Castlevania? If you liked it, why do you think you did?

I seriously think that you're shortchanging yourself. Castlevania is one of the best game series in existence. Granted, there have been a few crappy Castlevanias, particularly those that came out on the N64. There were also two Castlevanias on the PS2 and a fighting game iteration on the Wii which were above average. However, all the other Castlevanias have been excellent, here's the top 3 that you should play:
  • Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (NEC PC-Engine / Wii Virtual Console)
  • Super Castlevania IV (Nintendo SNES / Wii Virtual Console)
  • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Sony PS1 / Sega Saturn / PSN / Xbox Live Arcade)
These are games that have everything a damn good game should have. Awesome graphics and sounds, exemplary level design, challenging difficulty level, cool main characters and enemies.

Latest threads

Back