Circle Pad Pro

OniBlackMage

From
Atlanta
If you have one, which games did you actually think they were helpful with? The only times I whipped mine out, as I thought it was a lot easier with it, was Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater, and Resident Evil: Revelations.

I don't have the XL 3DS, but I often think I would have bought one if it opted for the dual circle sticks. Given how many 3D games these days are used to the convention of twin sticks, it might help attract some more ports or new titles.

I'm actually glad that the 3DS and XL don't have a built in dual circle pads. I don't think that it needs it. Maybe for Snake Eater, but I didn't need it at all for Resident Evil. And I haven't found any other game where you would need it for. Snake Eater is the only one that I can think of where it could be useful. Tho I ended up not buying that game on the 3DS. Just played the demo of it. But other than that, I can't think of one game where I would use it on. Maybe somebody else can, but for me, I don't see the point of a second circle pad on the 3DS. I've never needed it, nor ever thought that it could be useful. Tho I seem to be in the minority on that.

I still plan on getting an XL, myself. The only reason why I haven't tho is just because I'm waiting on a particular color. That's all. I want the all White version. Not a White, with black trim around the screen. An all plain white system, with no designs on it. Like the original DS-Lite. I'm holding out for that version. If it happens to come with a second circle pad, so be it. I won't use it, but what can you do. If it doesn't, great. Works for me.

Anyways, as for what actual games the circle pad pro could be helpful with?... Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater is the absolute only title I can think of, off hand, where it would be helpful with. That's it. Everything else, as far as my experience goes, I don't even think about a second circle pad. I find it to be a useless add-on. What's strange is, I find tons of people online talking about how they wished that it had a second circle pad built in, and that they will get the circle pad pro. But I have never, ever, seen anybody with one. Maybe one day, but for all of the talk I hear about it, I never see anybody with it. Not even at Comic-Con, or anything like that. I have yet to see anybody with it, or talk about it, in real life. Only online.

Maybe if more games came out for it that actually needed it, that might be one thing. Wait.... actually, I can think of one other game. Kid Icarus: Uprising. I loved the control scheme. It took a minute to get used to, at first. However, after playing it for a few minutes, I "got it", and was able to play it seemlessly. Tho it have a lot of people hand cramps, for some reason. Didn't bother me, but others complained about it cramping their hands. So maybe that game, for those who can't stand playing the game the way it was originally designed, with the stylus....

But that's it... Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater. Just those 2 games. Everything else, no, not really. Hope that helps.

I am so happy I never invested into this, not only did it seem to go unused by Nintendo but now that New 3DS is out this is completely obsolete. If I had bought this, I would demand my money back from Nintendo.

Did anyone else buy this addon?

Latest threads

Back