Donkey Konga

LegendofImelda

Playing
NES
Does anyone still play that game? I remember playing it for hours on end. It was one of the funner games on Game Cube. I think I went through a few sets of bongos though. They kept breaking on me.

Friend of mine bought the game and I remember playing it at his house. Felt very quirky but it was indeed a unique and enjoyable experience. It's a pity we no longer see games like these been produced on consoles. I feel that it's a missed opportunity and would certainly draw in more casual gamers.

Yeah games like these are very hard to come buy. It's always cool to have a unique piece of equipment to play. Duck Hunt on the original Nintendo comes to mind. Or Sharkscope for Super Nintendo.

The only problem I have with peripherals like that is that they are so bulky and a pain to store, like the !@#$in' Rock Band drums!! A friend of mine was moving and had no room for his Rock Band instruments so he tried to bring them to EB Games and maybe get a few bucks for them but the store didn't even want them, so he ended up yelling out "Rock Band stuff, $10!" and got kicked out of the mall, haha.

Anyways, all that to say that stuff like the bongos and plastic guitars are fine and novel, but once you're done with them, they suck to keep around. :)

I have two sets of bongos in the closet. I might have to break them out and get down on a Konga session.

I played this game until my fingers got numb. It was so vicing back then. It just shows you how easily we were entertained back then. I haven't played it since then.

Latest threads

Back