EarthBound!

CemeteryGates23

From
Mexico City
Playing
Wii U
I never knew this game back when it came out, but having recently bought it on the Wii U's eShop, I can see why it is the legend that it is even today!
I haven't even gotten very far ahead in the game with around 5 hours of gameplay or so, but I can already tell I'm going to enjoy it for as long as it lasts. :D

So who else is a fan? Discuss!

Earthbound and Chrono Trigger were my first two SNES games so they'll always hold a special place for that reason but even without the nostalgia factor I think Earthbound is still one of the best SNES games ever. Over the years I've replayed them and introduced friends and younger family members and not one person has ever not enjoyed the game. I like how Earthbound has fun with the RPG format and doesn't take itself too seriously. You see that in games today but I don't really remember another title doing it before Earthbound or at least not as well. It's one of those rare games that you can enjoy if you love most RPGs or love if you hate most RPGs. The story is great and the characters are even better. For me the music, the writing and of course the gameplay are all solid and it makes for a great experience.

I absolutely loved EarthBound back in the day, and actually I've been meaning to play it again. This might just be the motivation that I need... I'd love for them to do an HD remake. Keep the game as is, meaning don't change any of the game mechanics or anything, but upgrade the graphics. I'd buy that in a second! Enjoy the game, you're in for a real treat. :)

Earthbound is such a great title. The gameplay is timeless and the humor is witty, even for today. I'd love to get another Earthbound game someday. Undertale is similar but that game was just way too... creepy for me to love in the same way.

Actually if you're looking for a spiritual successor to Earthbound on the PC, there's a game called Citizens of Earth on Steam. I just started playing it this weekend after picking it up in a Humble Bundle, and it's a lot of fun. It also works very well with an Xbox 360 controller, so you get the full Earthbound experience. I highly recommend it. :)

I'll have to look into that. Right now I'm playing through some of the fanmade free games. They are actually really good, Cognitivie Dissonance is one that I downloaded from the starman forums the other day and it's nostlgia to a T.

Earthbound is my favorite game to this day! hopefully nintendo will locolize mother/earthbound 2

They are locallizing Mother 3/Earthbound 2 this year actually.

It took me ages to get anywhere in this.
The very first mission where you have a dog and your friend with you and you need to get to the mountain to find your friends brother used to stump me.
I would always die as the dog and your friend were useless.
I stuck with it though, found the cracked bat and a few supplied and went slowly.

Once I got into the town, I was hooked on this game.

I like the battle system as it is simple but not boring as adds extra abilities as you level up.

A good tip for this game: search and check everywhere

And something when I realised playing it in front of my 8 year old niece: This isn't a game for 8 year old's!

That was one of the first NES games i played! I loved everything other than how slow you walked. Because i had already played pokemon before that i kept walking around throughout the game saying "WHERES MY RUNNING SHOES!!!!!!!!" I never found them though :)

lol, running shoes :U the real adventurer doesn't need such things!

Yeah i bought EarthBound quite recently to. I am up to the Gold cave near fourson.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back