Fight Pad controller for Wii U!!!

Donkey Punch

Playing
NES
There's been a storm of news lately about the GameCube controller adapter for Wii U, which is pretty neat, but the news that many people have missed is that there will also be a real fighting game controller pad coming out!

Here's what it looks like.

sZ6bkru.jpg

Details: It's not going to be made by Nintendo but a third party called PDP, but the build quality should be good because it's officially endorsed by Nintendo. Unfortunately, it plugs into the Wiimote, as you can see from the connector, instead of being truly wireless. It's a shame they didn't just make it a regular wireless controller (like the Pro controller), because the Wiimote battery life is crap, but beggers can't be choosers.

Thoughts on style and design: I love the asymmetry. It reminds me of the Genesis pro controller, of course. It's NOT going to work well for Smash Bros because it doesn't have a C-stick, but it will be EXCELLENT for 2D fighting games on Virtual Console, like Street Fighter Alpha 2. I can't wait for this controller!

Looks sort of nice but I would rather a D-PAD than a stick on a controller like that thanks..

There's been a storm of news lately about the GameCube controller adapter for Wii U, which is pretty neat, but the news that many people have missed is that there will also be a real fighting game controller pad coming out!

Here's what it looks like.

sZ6bkru.jpg

Details: It's not going to be made by Nintendo but a third party called PDP, but the build quality should be good because it's officially endorsed by Nintendo. Unfortunately, it plugs into the Wiimote, as you can see from the connector, instead of being truly wireless. It's a shame they didn't just make it a regular wireless controller (like the Pro controller), because the Wiimote battery life is crap, but beggers can't be choosers.

Thoughts on style and design: I love the asymmetry. It reminds me of the Genesis pro controller, of course. It's NOT going to work well for Smash Bros because it doesn't have a C-stick, but it will be EXCELLENT for 2D fighting games on Virtual Console, like Street Fighter Alpha 2. I can't wait for this controller!

Do yoy have the link to where you got that from dude?

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back