First Wii U TV commercial

Donkey Punch

Playing
NES
Here's a TV commercial for the Wii U from the UK with a weird announcer dude. :p

The video does a great job of showing how Nintento is really trying to be innovative with new controllers, just like they did with the Wii. It's anyone's guess if consumers will like their latest new invention, but the ad does a great job of showing off the new ways to "use" it.

This looks very very cool.
Admittedly I was (am) rather dissapointed with the Wii game library, and while the WiiU system is looking awesome; I'm still waiting to see how its games are going to stack up.

This looks very very cool.
Admittedly I was (am) rather dissapointed with the Wii game library, and while the WiiU system is looking awesome; I'm still waiting to see how its games are going to stack up.

I think this is true for most Nintendo game releases. We all said the same thing when the Wii launched. A console is nothing without great games to play on it.

The handheld unit screen design idea is awesome and will have a lot of uses in a lot of games, I can't wait to see some more clever uses come out of this idea. I'm a little concerned about being able to use it on FPS games though, on twichy first person shooters the controler has to fit like a glove and be light weight or your hands will cramp up. FPS games are tense and the difference between a headshot and a miss is extremely tiny, I'm not sure a flat rectangular controller will measure up.

On THOSE games I hope the developers do NOT add a feature that requires the flat handheld because I'll be switching out to my gamer controller for sure.

Kind of leaves a lot to be desired for me. I am waiting on seeing their more mature offering, adverts for older gamers. It comes off as a kid's toy in this vid.

Kind of leaves a lot to be desired for me. I am waiting on seeing their more mature offering, adverts for older gamers. It comes off as a kid's toy in this vid.
Yeah but Nintendo never really has catered to older gamers. Remember back in the SNES days when they censored the blood in Mortal Kombat? SEGA even advertised their console as being the more "mature" option because the Genesis version of Mortal Kombat retained the blood. The Wii has a reputation for being the "family" console. It doesn't surprise me that they're still going for what has traditionally been their safest demographic.

Aside from that, if I want to play FPSes and other "hardcore" games I'm going to play them on PC. I like Nintendo because they have titles like Mario, Zelda and Kirby. These are titles that make me feel like a kid again when I play them and that sort of nostalgia is something that Microsoft and Sony can't really offer me. But to each his own, I guess.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back