Footage from the cancelled Legend of Zelda movie from 2007

Medza

Playing
Super NES
I didn't even know that this existed, but apparently there's some leaked footage from it, check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWb7oprE6nI#at=65

The art style is perhaps a bit grim but I like it, it doesn't dumb down the film to be kiddie friendly. It would be a bit odd seeing Link talk though. But still, it's a shame that it got cancelled, it could have been very cool

It may have been that something feel through - maybe the licensing or maybe someone over at Nintendo wasn't feeling this or maybe it just sort of entered developmental hell. These things happen.

Honestly I'm not a fan of the designs but it didn't look like it would be a bad movie.

I saw this a couple weeks ago, it doesn't look that great to me. I really don't know how you would make a movie from the legend of Zelda.

You could do it... but you might end up with something like the Super Mario movie. That was an awful film, but with friends and alcohol it became a treasured memory.... well the little I actually recall seems to be really quite awesome.

Its the same studio as the TMNT movie among others. This was a bid to Nintendo to make the LoZ movie at all and it would be its own stand alone movie. Of course, it was rejected.

I would wager you could make an LoZ movie very easily, it would just have to NOT be based on any specific game, and instead be a side story, sequel film, or standalone. Remember the April Fool's IGN live action trailer for the movie? it was pretty cool.

I remember hearing about a Zelda movie several years ago and wondered what ever became of it. I think it's definitely possible to make a great film, but maybe they weren't satisfied with the concept they came up with and squashed it instead of embarassing themselves. As I was a kid growing up, I always wanted to see a Zelda movie, so when I heard their was a movie coming out I was stoked. But I'm guessing as they started filming they realized it wasn't what they thought it would be and decided against it, which I can respect. I still have hope that in the future someone can harness the story of Zelda and portray it perfectly on the big screen. I feel a movie would have been made by now however, so maybe it's just not meant to be.

I think it can be done, but it would have to be a bit darker and somewhat grittier...more like Twilight Princess was ...and yeah, it would have to be a stand alone as I am not sure they could actually do a movie based on any of the actual games and make it turn out any good. It would definitely have to be a 'sword and sorcery' type movie as well. Get the right director and script writers and it could be fantastic.

This looks really interesting, not bad by any means but I feel like it wouldn't have sold well. With Link talking and it being a bit more mature, it wouldn't work very well with Nintendo's audience.

I suppose it depends the age range of the audience. I was in my mid to late 20s the first time I ever played a video game. I was in my very late 20s or early 30s when I got introduced to the LoZ games, (OCARINA OF TIME!), and been hooked every since. I'm 45 now and I am looking forward to the next LoZ game!

I have to wonder why they never had Link talking?

TeHDruiD said:
I remember hearing about a Zelda movie several years ago and wondered what ever became of it. I think it's definitely possible to make a great film, but maybe they weren't satisfied with the concept they came up with and squashed it instead of embarassing themselves. As I was a kid growing up, I always wanted to see a Zelda movie, so when I heard their was a movie coming out I was stoked. But I'm guessing as they started filming they realized it wasn't what they thought it would be and decided against it, which I can respect. I still have hope that in the future someone can harness the story of Zelda and portray it perfectly on the big screen. I feel a movie would have been made by now however, so maybe it's just not meant to be.
We can hope that they only scrapped it so they can start over and find a way to make it come out right. I honestly thought from the small scene that this could have been pretty good. I have been hoping they would make a cool Legend of Zelda movie for years myself. It would definitely become part of the DVD/Blu-ray collection. ;)

It doesn't look like something worth watching because as I am looking at the clip I was really bored and it really doen't seem that interesting to me. I could see why they cancelled it they probably realized quickly that it just wasn't going anywhere.

Latest threads

Back