Gameplay elements

Jack Lovejoy

From
California (Originally from Korea)
Playing
Wii
Hey guys, I am Jack here and let's talk about the gameplay concepts I have. When I looked at Bayonetta and Devil may Cry, and God of War, I felt that my concepts for my Vigilante game was completely subpar compared to them. I need an idea to think of gameplay that can be natural and addicting and groundbreaking like Dante's gun gameplay or Kratos's quick time events and ripping people apart.

-The gameplay is a mix of platforming and hack and slashing. Lucifer will jump over platform challenges and face against enemies before moving onto the next section of the level.

-Lucifer can dodge and counterattack that has more damage than regular damage.
-Lucifer can do a double jump and when he does so, he shoots sharp feathers out of his wings and he can stun enemies
-Lucifer can do several slash moves and combos to kill his enemies. His scythes have very wide range in attacking

-Lucifer can do finishing combos to increase his score even higher.

-Lucifer can do different magic skills to kill his enemies. They can have a lot of variety in combos.

-Lucifer's style of combat is being aerodynamic. What I mean by that is he moves constantly and can perform bats##t insane moves that are just a ridiculous as Bayonetta's attacks. The way he can perform combos is really fast, stylish, and fluid.

-At the end of a stage, you are granted with a ranking based on how much damage you took and how many combos you made. Here are some quotes.

1/5 stars [Lucifer]: (Shrugs) Ehh.... You can always try again
2/5 stars [Lucifer]: Hmm, you could have done better
3/5 stars [Lucifer]: (Nods) Pretty decent.
4/5 stars [Lucifer]: (Gives a thumbs up) Good work, keep it up.
5/5 stars [Lucifer]: Perfect! That's the spirit!

So what are your ideas on gameplay elements? Does this seem enough to make a good game? Leave your comments below

In the game Shadow the Hedgehog, Shadow had a bar or bars which when filled from killing enemies and getting points from it, unleashed a special ability. Maybe have that and special abilities like Freeze Time and Explosion that can be used when the bar is filled.

Also, players like to be rewarded. Reward your players for scoring points at the end of the level with something better than just character quotes.

Yeah, I mean for the bar, Lucifer can fill up the bar the more combos he performs. Once the gauge has been filled up, Lucifer can perform an attack called Dance of Death.

Dance of Death is when Lucifer starts to furiously swing his scythes all around and he can't get hurt in this state. Remember Tails's infinte tail spin attack in Sonic adventure, this behaves similarly. It lasts until the bar runs out.

For the results, the rewards are determined by this:

1/5 stars - nothing
2/5 stars - Attack Power up
3/5 stars - Attack Power up + Healing Power up
4/5 stars - 1 up + Attack Power up + Healing Power up
5/5 stars - 1 up + Attack Power up + Healing Power up + Schism Medal

Schism medals will be explained later, but will these elements make a good game?

I am aiming for critical acclaim since I want to make the best first impression I can to introduce this franchise.

Latest threads

Back