Hi - Nice looking forums! Been enjoying Nintendo for 30 years!

Days_of_NES

Playing
Nintendo DS Lite
Bright and vivid, good layout, easy to read, yep. Longtime Nintendo fan here. I got my first NES in 1986 as a Christmas gift, and its been a blast ever since. (I believe it was the 'Action' set; came with Mario/Duck Hunt and the gray Zapper.)
If you'd have asked me five years ago what my all-time favorite Big N system was, I'd have likely said a tie between NES and GameBoy. As of late, though, I'd have to say that the mighty DS Lite has usurped that crown. I have really been digging the GameCube, as well, only recently learning that it is pretty much the 'Resident Evil system'. I credit my wife for turning me on to the GC, having seen her enjoying so many great games over the years. I am proud to say that I have a complete (so far as I know?) Resident Evil set for GC, as well as a neat looking game called 'Geist', still sealed, that I plan on getting around to one day. My wife's GC collection is a bit more 'typical', I suppose: Zeldas, Marios, etc.

I'm also very interested in - and I'll try to be vague here as to not break any potential house rules - ermmm, lets say little 'devices' that go into Slot 1 on the DS itself and, well...hoping you get the picture.
(Not sure if such things are permitted here!)

Looking forward to discussions, memories of games' past, and hopefully learning a bit in the process.

Cheers -

Welcome to Nintendo Forums and greetings from another NES Action Set owner. :D

welcome, i love the GC myself. I prefer to think of it as the "fun" system. glad to have you

Thanks, folks.

Regarding the GameCube, yeah, I was a bit of a "meh, thats post-SNES, who needs it??" sort of guy until fairly recently. There is something about the GC that really appeals to me, from the interesting library right down to the neat little discs and architecture of the deck.
Sadly, it doesn't seem as if the PSP nor the DS can emulate GC games, and I'm mainly a handheld guy. I toyed with the idea of hiring a super skilled tech person such as Ben Heck to maybe make me a portable GC, but we shall see...

Also, can someone help me with an avatar? I'm not really up on how to mess with that stuff...

Last edited:
Sounds like your wife and I have a lot in common, but either way welcome! Can't wait to compare Nintendo experience :]

Thanks for there welcome, Pandabear.

If I had to estimate based on nearly 10 years of observation, I'd say that these are her favorite games:

Kya (sp?) PS2, Golden Suns GBA, various Zelda games from the GC 'promo disc' set, Sphinx PS2, various GBA Pokemon games, God of War, Picos DS, and that DS series about Professor something-or-other. :confused:

Regarding the "Nintendo experience".....
One of my dearest and most thrilling experiences involving Big N was seeing the GameBoy for the first time. Having grown up with Microvision, the Coleco tabletops, and Game & Watch, the leap in evolution and concept of the GB completely blew my mind outta whack. I know it might be hard for some younger folks to grasp, but the b&w/spinach matrix display didn't really matter one drop to many of us; this was a friggin HANDHELD NES! :eek:
I first saw one attached to a display kiosk, being demonstrated and yapped about by a goofy Nintendo rep, hehe. I wanted to grab that kiosk and RUN for the door - I was in love! :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forums and I agree completely that I was blown away the first time I saw the original GameBoy. I know it looks so dated now but compared to those other cheesy handheld games where is was only one game and basically a series of dots that kinda looked like a car(or spaceship or athlete or whatever) the Gameboy took it to a whole new level.

Never did welcome you in. So here's my welcome: Enjoy the humor!

grandpa-nes-meme.jpg

blog_skynes.jpg

Ok Shimus, I get the first pic, but the second - ?

As for the first pic, not bad, not bad. The NES should be a 2600, though, and the systems along the porch listening intently should be more modern, for full effect.

Also, a SMACK to the head for the 'old man on the porch' jab....tsk tsk tsk... ya little PUNK, stay OFF my lawn!!
o_O

:D

Well, I started gaming on the NES. To me, that means old with me approaching my thirties (yes, people above me are ANCIENT, sorry it's just how it goes!). :rolleyes: :p I'll be ancient soon enough, though.

I just like when I see things we're used to in modern life ported backwards. Oh NES Skyrim would be interesting. 8bit!

Latest threads

Back