How long can we expect Nintendo Network to be supported?

PenguinManiac

Playing
3DS
The 3DS is near the end of its life span, and the Wii U is going to fall into the oblivion next year, doomed to be replaced by the Nintendo NX. Is Nintendo Network going to survive through this and continue to be used on future consoles as well, or is it going to be shut down in a few years like they did with the old Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection?
It's probably pretty early to wonder this already, considering NWC was shut down just two years ago, but I'm paranoid about the end games like SSB 3DS/WiiU, Splatoon, Pokémon or Mario Kart will have.

I bet that they will still use Nintendo Network, since they are using it for all of their stuff now, like Miitomo, for example. I think it would be impractical to make a whole new system for all of it. Only time will tell, though.

I'm assuming that many of the major games like Smash and Splatoon will be ported to the NX if the rumors are to be believed.

Well i have no idea on what is going to happen as of right now. But all i can say is that i hope it does stick around for quite a long time.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back