I found a slew of old gameboy/gameboy color games.

Smokey

From
NY
So last night I was cleaning out a section in my basement for my parents and I found about 20 old gameboy games and 3 GBA games. I don't have a working GBA or GBC anymore but now i'm tempted to hop on ebay and buy one. Included in the find were SUper Mario Land 2, Donkey Kong Land 2 and 3, Turok Rage Wars, Gex: Enter the Gecko and a few others. :) I'm gonna definitely have to pick up a gameboy to enjoy these games again. Does anyone know if the Gameboy Micro plays original Gameboy games or not?

Woah! Nice find! Unfortunately, the Gameboy Micro can only play Gameboy Advance paks. I don't think it's compatible with those older games that you found that were made for the Gameboy Color or original Gameboy. You might be able to try and find an emulator of sorts that might be more compatible, though.

an emulator as in a clone console? I'm thinking i'll look and see if I can dig up my GBA SP...or might just buy a new one cuz i'm not sure where my charger is for the SP.....I was really hoping I could get a really small/slim Gameboy solution that's affordable, maybe i'll hop online and pick up a Pocket.....but the lack of backlight kinda bums me out. :p

The Game Boy player for GameCube should be able to handle old GB and GBC cartridges.

I've played so mnay on the GameCube. If you have a GameCube the advice crunchyg is gold. Also, I'm pretty sure the micro plays all considering it was most likely realized after the original.

I actually wasn't even familiar with the Micro until I googled it just now. It doesn't play the old GB games, though, so no luck there.

You can get Gameboys pretty cheap on Ebay. Or you could trade in all the games and buy something more current. :p

Jessi said:
I actually wasn't even familiar with the Micro until I googled it just now. It doesn't play the old GB games, though, so no luck there.

You can get Gameboys pretty cheap on Ebay. Or you could trade in all the games and buy something more current. :p
Gamestop won't take these games :p So i can't really trade them in anywhere. :p As for the GB player, I don't have a gamecube hooked up so tha's out of the question. :p Will probably pick up an GBA SP or something off ebay, cheap. :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back