Is the Wii still worth buying?

Gamepreneur

Playing
Nintendo 64
Most people seem to want to debate with me on this, but my question to you guys is, is the Wii still worth buying? Other than the main benefit I think it has being that you can get access to a device that supports Netflix fairly easily, what other benefits does it have? Does it make a good but pricey foot-stand? Good source of heat, you know, the usual stuff! Haha, but in all seriousness. Do you think it's still worth buying? Is there a good enough quality assortment of games to choose from to make it worth your time? I have seen them as low as $20 so for that price, I think it's definitely worth it, what about you?

For $20 bucks, yes it is worth it. I just looked into it and the Wii has over 1000 games that was released for the system. I'm sure you can find the games really cheap on Ebay or something. I usually buy games in lots for a huge discount. If it keeps you entertained then it's all good because it was only $20 dollars. You can't beat that.

I don't care what price the WII original is; it's definitely worth any justified price tag. If you yourself don't use it, friends or family can. Failing that, it had some very fun Zelda Games and other decent fare. Very worth 20 bucks.

For $20 bucks, yes it is worth it. I just looked into it and the Wii has over 1000 games that was released for the system. I'm sure you can find the games really cheap on Ebay or something. I usually buy games in lots for a huge discount. If it keeps you entertained then it's all good because it was only $20 dollars. You can't beat that.

Yeah, I think that's a pretty valid point. There was a lot of exciting party games, plus the support on Netflix and other App's makes it seem worth the buy, especially if you compare other much more limited streaming devices that can be as high as near $200 that do very similar and don't offer as big of a selection of things to do. I think I also heard Gamestop was running sales on Wii games recently, so that's pretty cool!

I don't care what price the WII original is; it's definitely worth any justified price tag. If you yourself don't use it, friends or family can. Failing that, it had some very fun Zelda Games and other decent fare. Very worth 20 bucks.

Always a good point, can't go wrong with party games and all that at a fairly low cost, seems like a win-win!

1. Super Mario Galaxy series
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
That's three reasons right there why you definitely should get a Wii, especially for $20. The Zelda and Mario games alone make it worth the purchase... If you can get over not playing the most up-to-date system.

We haven't even mentioned the other solid titles for the Wii like No More Heroes, Super Paper Mario, or Donkey Kong Country Returns. For $20, heck yes it's totally worth the purchase, in fact it's a steal because you've got hours upon hours of fun with that system!

And the great thing about the Wii is how simple it is to use so anyone in your family can play it. After I got done playing mine, I brought it to my parents and they had a blast playing Wii Sports with friends for a few months.

I think you should go with a Wii U instead personally. Unless you can get it really cheap ($20 is a good price) and don't care about Wii U/already have one and want another Wii for modding purposes, to play GameCube games, or for your collection.

The Wii is one of the most underrated consoles ever released. The media and plenty of gamers tried to give the Wii a bad name about a year after it was launched. A common complaint was that there were no good games for the system and that it was all about the "waggle controls". A terribly slanted view to what is one of the very best consoles ever made.

For one, it had a massive library of retro titles thanks to Virtual Console. There were also a ton of awesome exclusives such as: Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, No More Heroes 1 & 2, MadWorld, Tenchu Shadow Assassins and Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.

So yes, it's definitely worth owning. ;)

Absolutely worth it. What somebody told me ( and I agree) is that this console is more for family and friends, but also you can find a lot of games for playing alone, so, depending of your circunstances and what you want, thinking about prices and quality, you know the answer.

Yes. It is totally worth buying. Even though the Wii is a bit outdated, there are a ton of great games on the console. Feeling old school? Play a Mario game. Feeling a bit feisty? Play No More Heroes. The Wii's gaming library is massive in comparison to most gaming consoles. I absolutely want you to buy a Wii. Don't miss out!

Latest threads

Back