Kinda want a Wii U but unsure

Smokey

From
NY
I'm thinking of buying a WIi U but i'm not sure if i'd be better off buying a mac mini instead. I'm saying this because I don't really have a space for the sensor bar. Is the Wii-U worth it? For those of you who own one, how often do you play it over another console like the 360 or PS3? I'm definitely picking up a PS4 at launch and possibly even an Xbox One as well but I'd like to own all 3 consoles this upcoming Gen but I'm finding it hard to justify the purchase of a Wii U right now. Can anyone convince me to pick one up? What are some of it's great exclusives on it? The only one i'm excited to play is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, I love it on the 3DS and would love it on the big HDTV. :)

The Wii U is just going to be hitting it's stride this Holiday season. The main selling point for any Nintendo system is the first party which you cannot get on either of the other systems. So for most third party games you can play that on whatever systems you have. If you are the kind of gamer who will spend a lot of time on Nintendo first party then the Wii U is a must. Now is a pretty good time with the price drop.

I would say get the Wind Waker bundle. It is the same price as the black model and has the same content too, plus you get one of Nintendo's big games coming out this winter.

I think you should get the WII U, because it very fun! I do not know mush about it , but I did play one of the games. Super Lugi was the name of it if I'm correct. It similar to Super Mario, but its a little more harder. I believe you will be glad if you get it!

I would say yes because you will get games you cannot get anywhere else. New consoles are nice and all but im getting a feel that it's more of the same with better graphics. call of duty, battlefield, sports games, assasins creed, etc.

I am not saying these games won't be worth it, but personally I am a but burnt on these types of games. Killzone and Titanfall do nothing for me. Maybe 6 years ago I woulda been going nuts over it but right now I am more into creative experiences. I have been using my wifes DS a whole lot more than my ps3.

Yeah nintendo is same ole same ole as well but at least personally I have not had a Nintendo console since SNES. Ive dabbled in GBA and DS games recently and I been missing my gaming roots lol.

My plan is WiiU this year and wait for a price drop on PS4. Hopefully by then games will be taking full advantage of the new tech.

I purchased the Wii U on launch day, and currently own 33 Wii U retail titles. Plus more eShop and Virtual console games as well. However, I'm a strict supporter of the retail versions of games. I like having the disc and case, on my shelf, to show off. I also like being able to take the disc to friend's houses instead of taking my whole machine. Also, I like not wasting space on my HD, when I can save that for other downloadable games from the eShop or Virtual Console, or whatever. For me, the advantages of having the retail version more than outweighs the convenience of having everything digital on the machine.

Anyways, as I've said, I have a Wii U, and 33 retail titles for it. Among more eShop and Virtual Console games. That said, I absolutely love my Wii U. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite consoles. So much so, that I have officially unplugged all of my other consoles. I don't touch any other console other than the Wii U. I've put away the other systems, and haven't even thought about touching them, to be honest. Currently, I'm playing on my Wii U, 3DS, and PC. For me, I'm set. I don't need any other gaming machines.

So, personally, I highly recommend the Wii U to you. In fact, I recommend it for everybody. It has a lot of good stuff for it already, and, it's got a lot of great stuff coming out for it soon too. And that's just what we know about. I'm sure that there are still lots of surprises for it yet to be announced. There is a lot of excitement around the Wii U, and the future is bright. As for the PS4 or XO, most of the games on them I want on either the Wii U or PC. There's really nothing on those systems that scream out "You must buy me now". Nothing. Like I said, the games that interest me from those systems I either want on the Wii U or the PC. So I have no desire to get a PS4 or XO anytime soon. Maybe next Christmas. I'll look at both of those systems then, and see what they have to offer next year. If it looks interesting or worthwhile, I may finally jump on board then. But in the meantime, I'm not even worried about them in the slightest. I'm far more focused on my Wii U, 3DS, and PC. Instead of spending several hundred on the PS4 or XO, just to have it sit there and never touch it, I'd rather spend that same amount of money on games for the Wii U, 3DS, and PC. And I'd probably need more money than that, given how big the list of games is that I want for all 3 systems. I can think of about 20 more Wii U games alone that I want, which will be out between now and Spring 2014.

But yeah, after playing the Wii U, I'm in love with it. I think it's great, and highly recommend it. As I've said, I play it so much that I've already disconnected all of my other systems. The Wii U is the only console that I have plugged in. And, I've already taken it on several road trips with me, playing on the Gamepad while in the car or on the train. Didn't play it on the plane tho. But the train had an outlet, so I got to play it on the train. And I have the adapter to plug it in the car. So roadtrips were fun with the Wii U.

Currently I have 33 retail Wii U titles, and 40 retail 3DS titles. But since you asked about the Wii U, I'll list the Wii U titles that I have. Feel free to ask any question you want about any of the games, and I'll answer to the best of my ability...

Wii U:

007 Legends
Assassin's Creed 3
The Avengers: Battle for Earth
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Darksiders 2
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Game & Wario
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Lego City Undercover
Madden NFL 13
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate
Need For Speed: Most Wanted U
New Super Luigi U
New Super Mario Bros. U
NintendoLand
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Pikmin 3
Rabbids Land
Rayman Legends
Resident Evil: Revelations
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure
Sniper Elite: V2
Sonic & All Stars Racing: Transformed
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Tank! Tank! Tank!
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Warriors Orochi 3: Hyper
The Wonderful 101
ZombiU

As I said earlier, there are about 20 more titles, that we know of, that I want to get when they come out too. So this list will definitely grow.. fast. That's for sure.

To be honest, I have been a hard core Nintendo fan to the Wii, but so far I also just dont kind of feel the need for it. Maybe its the lack of must have Nintendo games, the only thing I am REALLY interested is the new DonkeyKong since the one on the Wii was also awsome. But without the new big Zelda or Mario, I think I will wait :mellow:

I'd say wait on the Wii U. It's got some great games right now, but you seem unsure, and the longer you wait, the more games it'll get and the cheaper it'll get. It's not like the Wii U is going anywhere, so just save your money until you are completely sure.

The Wii U was picked up the day it dropped for me. Why? Because of potential and also exclusives and also it's still the cheapest system out there. That always helps. Personally I got the Wii U, because I like the upcoming titles and because I can see where they're going with this. That said I don't recommend you get this unless you really feel strongely about it - otherwise you're likely to be disappointed and there is more than enough disappointment in the world already.

I know that if I ever get a Wii, I will definitely upgrade to a Wii U. I think if you're unsure, definitely wait. You should feel 100% sure about buying a console because they're really expensive and you don't want to regret your decision.

iceskater101 said:
I know that if I ever get a Wii, I will definitely upgrade to a Wii U. I think if you're unsure, definitely wait. You should feel 100% sure about buying a console because they're really expensive and you don't want to regret your decision.
... You know if you get the WiiU then you're basically backwards compatible with all the Wii games right? I mean... yeah. You...yeah. Because they actually are two seperate game systems and such.

There aren't too many games, but if you really enjoy Nintendo exclusives then a Wii U is a must! Currently, there are plenty of fantastic titles such as Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World and soon we will be getting Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. 4!

Well, the Mac Mini is a computer meant for productivity and it's not strong on gaming. And you only seem interested in the Monster Hunter franchise which you already enjoy on the 3DS. You really need to prioritize what you really want, if gaming isn't such a big thing for you then just buy the Mac Mini. However, if you're looking for a large variety of exclusives then just buy a PS3 or a Wii. The current generation of consoles have been a little thin on game releases that are compelling.

Latest threads

Back